Breadcrumbs have ? marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadcrumbs have ? marks?

Ok, now what have I done? All of a sudden my breadcrumbs are showing up like this:

Home?>?Category?>?Category etc. Everything seems to be working OK, however, the page seems to never finish loading--at least the little spinning icon just keeps going round and round. Any ideas???

the question marks have something to do with how your file was encoded when you upload. make sure to convert to utf-8 without bom and the question marks will go away.

as for the page stuck on loading.. its most likely a script.. i would check the profiler on whatever debugger you like the most to see whats taking so long. prefer the one in chrome myself.

Comment

Doh!

OK, so you know how you get all irritated when an electrical appliance isn't working, you call customer support, and the first thing they ask is, "Is it plugged in?" Well there's a reason for that.

After going over all of the templates with a fine tooth comb, re-installing a previous version of my frame.html, etc. I finally gave up and submitted a ticket. Nice customer support rep, Stephen, gets back to me with an answer in just a few minutes--seems that while making changes somehow I inserted ?>? in breadcrumb-divider line of the store language--don't know how, but I did. DOH! It's never that simple! He even included a video to show me exactly how to fix it! Guess he figured if I couldn't find that simple of a fix I must need a video to show me the way! LOL Thanks, Stephen!

Comment

Just an FYI, our bread crumbs did the same thing about a month or so ago. I know I did not change the Store Language, however I found the same thing ( ?>? ) in the breadcrumb separator field and got it fixed. It was interesting to see that you ran into the same issue. My guess is that it is nothing you did, but a bug in an update.

Comment

Hmmm, since I was working at 2am I attributed it to fatigue, but maybe not! Thanks!

Comment

I just noticed the same issue on my site. Glad I had read this thread earlier! Thanks for following up with the solution.

Comment

Just was getting ready to do some work on the site when I noticed ours now have the ? issue.

Anybody figure out why this just randomly appears?

I should also mention, ours is showing up in a unmodified category also, not just the ones we've messed with.

Comment

Mine did this as well. I updated it in Store Language when I saw it.

Comment

We noticed something interesting also. Most of our site is in German and all the specific German characters turned into ? the same day our breadcrumbs got messed up.

Put put a ticket in with support but they closed it because we had already fixed the issue (rather then leave ? all over the site).

Comment

Working...
                  X