Home.html Feature Template Blocks Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home.html Feature Template Blocks Help

I am working on my design of the homepage. I am using the following template block.
    HTML Code:
    <!--START: FEATURE_MENU-->
        <!--START: CATEGORY_ITEMS-->
              <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0-->
                   Product display html code
              <!--END: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0-->
        <!--END: CATEGORY_ITEMS-->
    <!--END: FEATURE_MENU--> 
    The problem I am having is the <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0--> is injecting extra design related DIVs into the final html.

The DIVs being injected are:
    HTML Code:
    <div class="productBlockContainer" style="clear:left;"><div class="productContainer" style="width: 100%; float: left;">
    Where do I modify the html code or admin system to prevent these design related DIVs from being injected with this Template Tag?

thank you in advance.

jeff
    Last edited by jcocking; 10-31-2013, 07:55 AM.
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

You can't modify what is injected by the template. Some template tags are "smarter" than others and will attempt to adapt to what tags are surrounding it. So if you change, for example, a <table> tag to a <div> the template might insert other divs (if you are lucky).

So my recommendation is to remove/change code surrounding the template tags and see if it makes it better.

Comment

I was hoping I would not have to re-code an entire design around 3dcart's template idiosyncrasies.

I think 3dCart has some amazing features, but the template system is what is holding it back from being super successful.
      Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

The template system is definitely not perfect, but I have been able to get it to do pretty much whatever I want.

Comment

I am at a major roadblock. The HTML injection prevents using a responsive design.

The html injection includes style related statements that prevent a responsive design from working. For example, the issue discussed here injects the following:
          HTML Code:
          <div class="productBlockContainer" style="clear:left;"><div class="productContainer" style="width: 100%; float: left;">
          The width command will cause all responsive designs to break. Very frustrating.

jeff
          Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

I know one 3D client who recently finished a responsive design, but I haven't looked at it in depth yet:

Mill Supplies - Contractor and Industrial Tools & Supplies - MillSupplies.com

That may give you ideas. I can put you in contact with them if you like.

Comment

Heres how I got around 3dCart injected tags.

CSS:
              Code:
              .productBlockContainer {clear: none !important;}
              The !important will override the inline styles that they inject. Just cancel out anything you don't want.
              Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

I built my designs using unordered lists (<ul><li>) and the div statements wrapping the <li> statements is breaking the html.

Back to the drawing board.

jeff
                Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Originally posted by jcocking View Post
                  I built my designs using unordered lists (<ul><li>) and the div statements wrapping the <li> statements is breaking the html.

Back to the drawing board.

jeff
                  I have same issue. Did you able to figure out how to remove divs between ul and li?

Comment

Originally posted by newmedsupplies View Post
                    I have same issue. Did you able to figure out how to remove divs between ul and li?
                    There is an undocumented feature within the system. You have the ability to turn off the inserted DIVs by placing special tags within the template.

When the tags are inserted into your html, place the following tags into your template in the place where the inserted DIVs are being inserted:
                    HTML Code:
                    <!--START: productblockcontainer--><!--END: productblockcontainer-->
                    <!--START: productcontainer--><!--END: productcontainer-->
                    This will remove the insertion from occuring.

Locations where feature can be used:
                    • Home.html - Feature Menu block
                    • Category_x.html - Items block
                    • Listing_x.html - Accessory Products block
                    • Listing_x.html - Related Products block
                    • Listing_x.html - Browsing History block

For example, here is where I placed them for the Featured Items in the Home.html template:

At the beginning of the block:
                    HTML Code:
                    At the end of the block:
                    HTML Code:
                    <!--START: productcontainer_close--><!--END: productcontainer_close-->
                    <!--START: productblockcontainer_close--><!--END: productblockcontainer_close-->
                    Hope this helps.

jeff
                    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Originally posted by jcocking View Post
                      There is an undocumented feature within the system. You have the ability to turn off the inserted DIVs by placing special tags within the template.

When the tags are inserted into your html, place the following tags into your template in the place where the inserted DIVs are being inserted:
                      HTML Code:
                      This will remove the insertion from occuring.

Locations where feature can be used:
                      • Home.html - Feature Menu block
                      • Category_x.html - Items block
                      • Listing_x.html - Accessory Products block
                      • Listing_x.html - Related Products block
                      • Listing_x.html - Browsing History block

For example, here is where I placed them for the Featured Items in the Home.html template:

At the beginning of the block:
                      HTML Code:
                      At the end of the block:
                      HTML Code:
                      <!--START: productcontainer_close--><!--END: productcontainer_close-->
                      <!--START: productblockcontainer_close--><!--END: productblockcontainer_close-->
                      Hope this helps.

jeff
                      jeff,
                      Thank you very much.You just make my day!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X