• Show
Clear All

• On Sale Feature Block?

I have found the following Code Blocks for displaying products:
    • Featured
    • Best Sellers
    • New Releases

Is there a Code Block for "On Sale"?

If so, can some one point me in the direction of an example?

thank you

jeff
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

From the lack of response, I am assuming this does not exist. I have added this as a feature request. Once the request has been approved by the moderator, I will place a link to it so others can vote for it.

Thank you.

jeff
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

You can use a Smart-Category to display Sale items.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
        You can use a Smart-Category to display Sale items.
        Yes, you can, but I want to highlight a number of on-sale products on the home page, just like new releases and best sellers.
        Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Good News and Bad News.

Bad News: Gonzalo Gil decline this feature request.

Good News: The reason for the decline is he indicated it was possible to show products from any category on the home page. I have asked him to provide a tutorial on this capability.

This would allow you to show more products on the home page. I am looking forward to the instructions.

jeff
          Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Please share what you find out. This would be great to know.

Comment

I think 3dcart is a good product, but I get very annoyed with the support staff.

The CEO of 3dcart says this can be done.

The support staff says only with custom development code that I have to pay for.

<rant on>
              Is 3dcart going bankrupt? Every question, the answer is always the same....You need custom development that you have to pay for.

Do I need to stop my efforts of migrating my store to 3dcart and go with a competitor? I feel like I am constantly being nickeled and dimed by this organization.
              <rant off>

Can anyone at 3dcart answer a question or is the default answer to everything "Contact sales for a quote of customization."?

Frustrated, Frustrated, Frustrated.

jeff
              Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Jeff,
                You are right, there is always a cost for doing custom development (ie. Changing software features, graphics, etc.) , is there something advertised that we do not charge for this services?
                ----------------------------
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

It would just be cool if there were a library of code blocks that could be added removed so that we could all use them...
                  Joanne Barker
                  VS Web Design
                  [email protected]

Comment

The complete list of what's available is here

3dcart Design Docs

If it's not here, the software can't use them, you can get really creative on how to display them but adding your own and or moving them in between pages can't be done ,
                    ----------------------------
                    Gonzalo Gil
                    3dCart Support
                    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

This probably isn't helpful for most users, but it's worth noting that it would be possible to script a work-around to this using the Advanced API. It would be possible to set the home-page-special flag on any item that is currently on-sale, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
                        Jeff,
                        You are right, there is always a cost for doing custom development (ie. Changing software features, graphics, etc.) , is there something advertised that we do not charge for this services?
                        Here is my issue:

I placed a feature request on a user community voting system. The pretense of the system is for users to list feature requests and vote on those features that are important to them. The assumption is those features that raise to the top will be reviewed and implemented by 3dcart.

Instead of letting the user community have a say on what is important, feature requests are declined because the requested item is a custom design service. Instead of allowing the user community to decide if the feature would be useful, the response is "Declined", please pay an additional $800. The user community never gets a chance to participate in creating a better product.

Do we, the user community, have the ability to have input into the future of 3dcart?

If so, How?

jeff
                        Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

jcocking, I appreciate your points here and I have also been annoyed by some of the basic things that we have to pay extra for.

That said, no one every said that a private business is a democracy. 3dcart has listened and implemented many of the features we have requested, one of which is the Product Questions that was added in V6.

I guess it will always be a fine balance between running a successful business and giving away the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                            jcocking, I appreciate your points here and I have also been annoyed by some of the basic things that we have to pay extra for.

That said, no one every said that a private business is a democracy. 3dcart has listened and implemented many of the features we have requested, one of which is the Product Questions that was added in V6.

I guess it will always be a fine balance between running a successful business and giving away the farm.
                            Actually running a business is 100% a democracy. Every month I vote with dollars to the companies I choose to pay. If a company is not meeting my needs, I can decide to vote my money somewhere else. As a customer, I control where I spend my money. If a company looses focus on the needs of the customer, then that company will not last long. This is especially true in a highly competitive industry like hosted eCommerce systems.

I think 3dcart is a great product. It is not perfect product. There are features I am losing from a 6 year old version of osCommerce.

I am ok with losing some features, if we, as customers, have the ability to help define future features. The challenge I am seeing is feature requests are declined versus allowing customers to have input in the priority.

When we as customers input a feature request, I would expect the following from 3dcart.
                            1. Review the request to determine if it is in scope of the product. There are some requests that will move the product to become an alternate product. For example, a Point of Sale System, A warehouse management system, etc. These feature request could be declined.
                            2. Review the request to determine if the feature already exists. (not via a work around.) Inform the customer that the feature request already exists and determine that the customer is not asking for something unique. If the request is already in the core system, then close the request.
                            3. If the feature request is not in the core system, then inform the customer if there are work around or if the feature can be obtained via a custom design service. The feature request should not be declined or closed. The feature request then could be voted on by others.
                            4. Consolidate like feature requests. Create forum topics to discuss feature requests in depth. Most feature requests have concepts versus requirements. Create a way for the customers to have input on the actual requirements.
                            5. Allow customers to vote and champion feature requests.

I would expect 3dcart to have a product management team that is also determining eCommerce best practices and market innovation. This should be occurring at the same time. For example, the team should be determining:
                            • Are there features currently offer by other shopping carts in the market
                            • Are there features that would add value to their customers and will help them sell more.

Both of these efforts should be brought together to create the future product roadmap.

What are the customer feature request/product management processes for 3dcart?

jeff
                            Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

I too think it would be VERY nice to have a sale category. Other platforms have it. Seems like a no-brainer considering I know a LOT of people that make a run for the clearance section the second they step foot in a store.

Do you think clearance sales would be as good if they just sprinkled one or two on each rack throughout the store as opposed to consolidating them in one place?

This shouldn't be charged for, it should be included, and shouldn't be that difficult to add considering all sale items are already flagged with a checkbox...

Go in ANY retail store, Walmart, BestBuy, Target, Kohls, JCPenny, hell, even grocery stores, the ALL have sale or clearance sections...but yet here we sit with nada.

Comment

Working...
                              X