No announcement yet.

3dcart Responsive Templates are Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart Responsive Templates are Coming!

Recently I came across some definitive proof that it is coming soon directly from 3dcart. The current date of release is not specified, but mid to late October is the word so far.

Here are the Teaser images released from 3dcart:

3dcart Responsive Templates

Unfortunately they are not shown in responsive mode. Hopefully soon though.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Update: As of the 14th here is a quote from 3dcart.

"New, responsive, FREE 3dcart templates are coming. Stay tuned... "

NICE!
    TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Any update on this from 3dCart? This is long overdue.

Comment

It is VERY overdue. Unfortunately they haven't released much more in the way of news
        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I know, starting to get very concerned. Getting hammered from an SEO perspective due to very poor template coding. Have a couple of competitors that are using responsive templates with other providers and their search rankings have improved considerably without any significant on-page optimization while my site is going the other direction.
          Last edited by Octant Solutions; 11-22-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Octant Solutions View Post
            Per recent Google algorithmic changes clean coding and responsive templates are a big deal!

Do you have any source for this? Everything I can remember seeing says Google does not care about those factors.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              Do you have any source for this? Everything I can remember seeing says Google does not care about those factors.
              The important thing to remember is that Google is going to favor the websites that are accessible to all of types of users including both mobile and desktop.

Below is an excerpt from a blog post discussing this exact issue:

Five Ways Responsive Design is Changing SEO | Marketing Technology Blog

"Responsive sites get better indexing, and thus, higher search results.

Thanks to Google’s intuitive algorithms and switchboard tags, sites are served up correctly to mobile users. Nonetheless, responsive sites are the best choice for a clean, quick, and accurate indexing process.

Google’s indexing procedures seem to favor sites employing the pure responsive approach, those “sites that serve all devices on the same set of URLs, with each URL serving the same HTML to all devices and using just CSS to change how the page is rendered on the device.” This is part of Google’s guide to “building smartphone-optimized websites,” which you can basically translate into “search engine optimized websites.” What’s more, they plainly state, “this is Google’s recommended configuration.”

If you want your site to be indexed by Google in the quickest and best way possible, you might as well take their word on the issue: use responsive design. Follow their advice, and they’ll treat you the right way when it comes to indexing and search rankings."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact of the matter is that Google is in the marketing business and wants to serve up the best possible sites for the end user as this provides them with better advertising opportunities. If a significant majority of it's users are now accessing Google via mobile, then the sites that are better designed to accommodate this traffic are going to be promoted above the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Octant Solutions View Post
                The fact of the matter is that Google...
                I would contend that anybody that uses "fact" and "Google" in the same sentence when speaking about SEO is blowing smoke up your skirt. While I don't disagree that in today's marketplace websites need to be equally accessible for mobile devices as well as traditional, to say that Google skews SERP in favor of responsive sites is a gross misrepresentation that cannot be substantiated. But I am willing to look at your representative examples that prove me wrong. :)

Comment

Agreed, not at all trying to incite a debate about Google's algorithm's which as we all know are shrouded in mystery. Regardless of Google, the more accessible a site is the better it's going to perform both in SERP and overall sales conversion. Adobe recently forecasted that mobile shopping will rise 40 percent this holiday season and predicts that the best websites will see nearly 15 percent of sales coming from tablets and 6 percent from smartphones.

U.S. Holiday Trends & Forecast: Top Shopping Days, Hot Searches, Mobile Shoppers - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

The problem is that it is very difficult to achieve a responsive design using table layouts. While most 3d websites render properly on tablets and phones the actual user experience is very cumbersome. As more and more customers migrate to mobile they are going to favor the websites that provide for a smooth and efficient user experience. The search engines will then and are already naturally promoting the sites that the end users prefer in an effort to provide the best search results possible.

The other issue as discussed in the previous article is that having a mobile website which is separate from your actual website does not help because the two sites do not share the same URLs and in essence your actually duplicating content which is typically not a good practice.
                  Last edited by Octant Solutions; 11-22-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Octant Solutions - "Observe Improvements in SEO Ranking within 2-3 weeks!"

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by hoosierdraft View Post
                      Octant Solutions - "Observe Improvements in SEO Ranking within 2-3 weeks!"

Nice!
                      That website actually needs to come down as I don't even try to solicit business with it. Thanks for the reminder! I experimented for a little while with reselling SEO services, but realized that it wasn't the direction I wanted to go. The website itself was built by the reseller partner and I agree definitely over the top! Not at all trying to solicit customers by any means.

Honestly just trying to have a constructive discussion on the importance of responsive design for our ecommerce stores.
                      Last edited by Octant Solutions; 11-22-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Google talks about responsiveness recently:
                        Google's Matt Cutts: Responsive Design Won't Hurt Your SEO - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

I think the bottom line is that a responsive design is clearly important and the way of the future, and 3DCart needs to get up to speed. But your pagerank is not going to suffer just because you don't have it.

Comment

There are probably 20 other things more important than responsive design you aren't doing anything about when it comes to SEO.

Comment

SEO in 2014: How to Prepare for Google's 2014 Algorithm Updates - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

Hummingbird Was Just the Tip of the Mobile Iceberg

2014 will be the year of mobile SEO. Hummingbird was just the very small visible tip of a very large iceberg as Google struggles to respond to the rapidly shifting landscape where half of all Americans own smartphones and at least one-third own tablets. Those statistics will probably shift upward, maybe dramatically, after the 2013 holiday season.

As a result, your site's mobile performance matters to your SEO rankings. Properties that you're trying to rank need to be designed first for mobile and then scaled up for the big screen. If you don't have a mobile-optimized website, this needs to be your top priority in terms of SEO and design investments for 2014.

Some underlying changes that happened with Hummingbird, including the increasing importance of both semantic search and Knowledge Graph, will continue to grow in influence. Practically speaking, this is to help prepare the search engine for the rise of voice search associated with mobile. But it also has direct implications (which we're still learning about) for broader SEO. This is one area that you should pay close attention to, from how you structure your content to what content you choose to put out.

Comment

Decent article, but as with 99% of SEO blogposts it is someone speculating on what is importing at Google.

Comment

Working...
                              X