Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category/Sub-Category Separate Navigation

Is the following possible & if so, how?
    Main categories - horizontal ( ex. KITCHEN - BATH - DINING)
    Sub-Categories - left side bar ( ex. [pans,pots] - [towel, bathmats] - [plates, silverware], etc.)

Basically, I would like to have the sub-categories dynamically display only for main category selected on the left sidebar. I do not want the entire navigation structure to show up there...just the secondary level sub-cats.

I would also like to keep the main category "highlighted" so users know where they are.

Exactly like this example for Williams-Sonoma category COOKWARE

Pots and Pans, Cookware & Stainless Cookware | Williams-Sonoma

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

I would love to have this as well, but we've not found any way to do it, unfortunately.

Comment

It can be done, but not to the extent the Williams-Sonoma's page.

It will require not using the traditional left column model of the 3dcart. Instead you will need to hard code a left column within the category_0.html page.

This approach allows you to use the <!--START: CATEGORIES--> within the frame.html page. You then use the <!--START: SUB_CATEGORIES--> within the category_x.html page in the left column.

Highlighting could be done with javascript.

Thoughts?

jeff
      Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Jeff - Great idea! I will give that a try and post the outcome. My navigation is not nearly as complicated as the W-S site so I think your suggestion is spot-on. Many Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X