"Add to Cart"/QuickCart errors on home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Add to Cart"/QuickCart errors on home page

I am testing my design and am seeing the following error. Can someone else validate it is an error in your store also:

I have the following settings on my shop:
    1. QuickCart is turned on.
    2. Products on homepage with Add to Cart buttons.

Steps to recreate issue:

1. Click on Add to Cart button. (product is added, quick cart is visible. Click anywhere outside of quickcart to go back to homepage.)
    2. Click on Add to Cart button for second product.

Product is added to cart, but the quickcart is not shown.

The error does not occur on the category pages or the listing pages. Just the home page.
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

I have seen this previously on the featured items section in the home page, but blew it off because I am not a fan of quickcart anyway. Issue may be within the "Featured Item (home specials)" coding.

Troubleshoot by:

1. Add featured items to a category and try to see if the quickcart will call correctly from those items in featured.

2. Replace home page featured item add to cart button code with og category add to cart code below:

<input type="button" value="[category_buyitlink]" onclick="window.location='add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp ;item_id=[catalogid]'" class="btn" onmouseover="this.className='btn_over'" onmouseout="this.className='btn'" />

(3dcart has a lot of inputs that are not closed properly in the stock templates, not sure if that would cause a prob though. Just make sure the input is closed like so: " />" )

That is all I can think of at the moment as lack of sleep is hitting me in the face.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I already had both suggestion in effect when I discovered the error.

(3dcart has a lot of inputs that are not closed properly in the stock templates, not sure if that would cause a prob though. Just make sure the input is closed like so: " />" )
      Yes, the stock templates and scripts are not well formed. I run all of my templates and scripts through validators like W3C and JSHint. Code is clean.

I was hoping, to get confirmation on the error before going to support. I did find another 3dcart in production and was able to reproduce the error on their site.

jeff
      Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Working...
      X