Coupons & Gift Card on Checkout_3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons & Gift Card on Checkout_3

Is it possible to add the Coupons box to the Checkout_3 page?

Any tips as to how if possible?

i know its possible.. at one point i messed with it a while back. I ended up wiping that code out because we found too many people would abandon their carts looking for coupon codes when they should have been closing sales

You can make a post using jquery ajax to recalculate.asp - with parameters i don't remember (take a queue from view_cart where it is implemented) and refresh the page. the discount should be applied at that point. or some variation of this. i have seen it work though but i forgot exactly how i did it.

the ultimate goal is to take the value from the coupon code box. associate it with the same input name as what is on view cart, (and trigger apply_coupon=1 as the parameter - i think). This is what makes the modification on 3dcart's side for the calculation.. then just location.reload() on postback.
    Last edited by jleclair; 11-18-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the tips. I will try to mess with it on our dev site.
      I ended up wiping that code out because we found too many people would abandon their carts looking for coupon codes when they should have been closing sales
      It is a catch 22. We have customers abandoning sales when they can't find where to apply the promotion codes. Maybe we'll only show it when we send a mailer with a coupon code.
      On the other hand if 3dcart adds a URL variable to apply coupon codes we would not need to worry about it.

Comment

We were going to do what jleclair suggested, but read enough to convince us not to, due to the reason he stated.

Comment

Actually, this would solve one issue we have with the current checkout pages. There is no place for a gift cert on the payment page. We could do this but instead of stating it's for coupon codes, let them apply gift certs to that page. I'd happily pay someone to figure this out for me and give me the code when done.

Comment

Working...
          X