Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap not working.

Hi,

Im having problems with google reading my sitemap.

It was working fine for a while but it now says ive got a "Parsing Error".

When i try to look at mysite.com/sitemap.xml i get

"This page contains the following errors:

error on line 3 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error."

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

I had the same thing. You need to delete the sitemap cache. I can't remember what the filename is because it looks like my site no longer has one (?? 6.0.2 difference?)
    Under your /web folder it will be called sitemap_cache.xml or something very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
      I had the same thing. You need to delete the sitemap cache. I can't remember what the filename is because it looks like my site no longer has one (?? 6.0.2 difference?)
      Under your /web folder it will be called sitemap_cache.xml or something very similar.
      Thank you for posting this. I noticed this in our webmaster tools also.

I looked in my web folder and I have the following sitemap files:

sitemap.xml (0 bytes)
      sitemap_1.xml (101 bytes)
      sitemap_cache.txt (799,228 bytes)

I am guessing that the txt file is the one that I need to delete, but any idea why there are two other xml files?

UPDATE: I deleted the sitemap_cache.txt file and then went to the SEO Tools -> Refresh Sitemap admin menu selection and clicked the UPDATE SITEMAP button.

Now, when I look in my /web folder, I have only one file - sitemap.xml. The only problem is that it is empty (0 bytes). Any idea what might be happening here?
      Last edited by onering; 11-23-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Delete all three of those files, and then navigate to yoursite.com/sitemap.xml. It should regenerate the file automatically.
        Doing it from the SEO Tools should do the same thing.

Comment

Looks like this worked. Thanks again.

Comment

I just pressed the SEO Tools -> Refresh Sitemap button and it solved the problem. I didnt even have to sign into FTP and delete anything.

Thanks for all your help people. Google is now happy again (for now).

Comment

Thank you all. I just noticed Bing was broken, then looked at Google and it was gone as well. SEO Tools -> Refresh Sitemap did the trick - just curious as to why this happened though?
              Put Some Spice In Your Life!
              http://www.redonionspice.com

Comment

Pro site maps

got tired of wrestling with the 3-D cart site map - unless you look at WMT daily you never know when the thing breaks

For 10 bucks a month . I use https://pro-sitemaps.com/ - (I have no relationship with them)

they host on their server make it very easy to include in WMT and you get not only product and category pages indexed, but your content pages get indexed

along with that you get 3 other sitemaps video - news - images - It's the cheapest SEO spend I'll ever make

Comment

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
                  got tired of wrestling with the 3-D cart site map - unless you look at WMT daily you never know when the thing breaks

For 10 bucks a month . I use https://pro-sitemaps.com/ - (I have no relationship with them)

they host on their server make it very easy to include in WMT and you get not only product and category pages indexed, but your content pages get indexed

along with that you get 3 other sitemaps video - news - images - It's the cheapest SEO spend I'll ever make

Hi,
                  I checked them out but couldn't find this answer in their FAQ - if the sitemaps (multiple) are hosted by them on their site, how do you get "credit" for them on google, bing, etc? Also, isn't it just generally important to have your sitemap on your own site?
                  Thanks.

Comment

site map installation

they install into Google Webmaster tools just like the 3dcart site map - it's actually easier than I thought. At some point it got "booted" off GWT but I re installed in less than 5 minutes

Comment

Cool.

One other Q: since the first line of our 3dcart store robots.txt file points to our sitemap (sitemap: http://shop.justpoppin.com/sitemap.xml) would we need to change that to link to the one on pro-sitemaps site?

Thanks again.

Comment

txt

i believe so

Comment

Working...
                        X