Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to get product custom data onto printed invoice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get product custom data onto printed invoice.

I have added some custom data to each product to the Custom Fields.

Now I am trying to get that data to print on the invoice_print.html, but am not having any luck. I have added the [product_extrafield1] variable to the "items" section of the invoice, but only the variable name is printed.

Does anyone know how to get product custom data to show up on the printed invoice?

It is not a global variable that is available in all templates, to my understanding, it only shows on listing template.

But if you want to try, make sure you have the entire block including comments are copied not just the variable:
    Code:
    <!--START: extrafields-->  
      <!--START: extra_field_#-->  
      [product_extrafield#]  

<!--END: extra_field_#-->  

<!--END: extrafields-->
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, however I have already tried that with no luck.

Perhaps a more fundamental question is, how do other merchants include the required product country of origin and Harmonized System Code (HS Code) in the packing slip or invoice for international shipments?

I thought it would be a simple matter of just adding this information to a couple of the product custom fields and then insert those fields into the printed invoice. But clearly that is not going to work.

Comment

Have you tried using the Warehouse Information instead of the extra fields?
        Warehouse Information : Location, Aisle, Bin, Custom
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Yup! Those fields do work. So problem solved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by warrisr View Post
            Perhaps a more fundamental question is, how do other merchants include the required product country of origin and Harmonized System Code (HS Code) in the packing slip or invoice for international shipments?
            I don't. When I ship USPS international I have never had to think about that. With UPS international you type it into the form that UPS prints off for the shipment.

Comment

Manual keying at time of shipping is not really an option for us as we have thousands of products with many orders having dozens of different line items. Plus about 80% of our shipments are international.

So automating our process is pretty much essential.

Comment

Working...
              X