Showing categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing categories

We recently purchased a premium template (I think it was called Chiclumber).

We love the look and design; however, people are getting confused because the categories show up closed, instead of open. (You have to click on Categories in order for them to show.)

We want the categories to be displayed by default. (In the interim, we even tried changing Categories to Click Here! and that hasn't helped much.)

Does anyone know how to change the toggle code in order for the Categories to display by default?

Thanks.

I am sure it is a simple fix, however you need to provide a link to the page. It is hard to diagnose blind.

Comment

Thanks. The site is mfefamily.org

Comment

You will need to edit the following file:

assets/templates/chic-lumber/js/functions.js

About line 128, comment out the following line:
        Code:
        $("div.toggle").hide();
        By placing a // in front of the line. Remember to clear your page cache after making the change.

This line causes the div with the class of "toggle" to be hidden from view. With this removed, the categories will be shown.

The function below this line will still function. It will still allow a person to collapse or expand the categories section.

Hope this helps.

jeff
        Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That didn't seem to do the trick. The categories still remain closed by default.

Comment

Make sure to clear the Cache of the site.
            You might also need to clear the cache of your browser. or try a different browser altogether.

Comment

Thanks again. I tried that earlier, and tried it again just now. It's still coming up closed as default. I have cleared everything I could possibly clear, and tried different browsers, and even phoned a friend. LOL *shrugs*

Comment

There is also a line in:

http://www.mfefamily.org/assets/temp...t_modified.css

that will need to be removed.

About line 24:

.toggle {display:none}

If you are going to always want the categories to be displayed, I would remove plus/minus sign controlling it and the javascript control.

Jeff
                Last edited by jcocking; 01-19-2014, 06:59 PM.
                Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Sorry, forgot to update. Between the functions and the css edit...it worked!

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X