3dcart Free Responsive Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart Free Responsive Templates

I figured this might be better suited as a new thread.

Free 3dcart responsive templates are being rolled out and available now. Here are the main shots of the ones available 3dcart Free Responsive Templates
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

You can check out the official announcement here: Great News! 3dcart?s Free Responsive Templates Now Available | 3dcart's Ecommerce Blog

Comment

Thanks,

Fixed my link to the official release so there is no back and forth confusion 3dcart Free Responsive Template Official Release
      TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Bryan,

Not to be a pain, but the responsive theme shown in the slideshow is Selling Red and the one available in the Theme Store is Selling Blue. Our entire theme is red-based, along with our logo. Is there a way to get the Selling Red theme instead? It would save us a LOT of time.

Thanks!

Comment

Nevermind, we tried to preview the Selling Blue and it didn't work well at all. No featured products showed up, all categories showing, all manufacturers showing. (so one super long right column, no left column at all, no center column either) A big mess. We'll have to wait till the kinks are worked out.

Nice effort though!

Update:

Hmmm, that was in Chrome. It kinda tried to work in Firefox, but some of the featured products showed the product description next to the thumb, while other showed it below, really messing up the grid look. (and still no left column)

Oh well, we'll wait and see
          Last edited by DJGearForLess; 01-22-2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Some customization will be needed. You can't expect the style and format of your existing site to transfer seamlessly. Play around with the drag n' drop feature and the CSS. You can also customize via HTML.

As for turning the template from Blue to Red, that's easy. Under the "Selected Style Sheet" drop down, simply choose "Red" at the bottom (see screenshot).

SR1.jpg

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
            Bryan Shaw
            Community Manager at 3dcart
            [email protected]

Comment

Anybody else tried them yet?
              TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I did a 10 minute test with one of them. I was mostly pleasantly surprised, the quality of the HTML seems much higher than the old templates.

A couple of quirks in the responsiveness. Shrinking a window works, but growing the window doesn't restore everything back to the original size.

Have you been able to compare what they released to what you've been working on? I had been planning on buying one of yours (or at least checking it out when finished), but then I had also been expecting the 3dcart ones to be low quality and/or expensive...

Comment

Youtube Embedded Video

Hey I love the new responsive templates. The only problem Im having is the youtube video on my site. If I put a width and a height on the iframe then on the mobile version of the site it will look funky and not align with everything else.

So my solution was to take out the width/height. Now it looks amazing on mobile devices, but on my desktop version of my site the video looks really small.

Any way I can make the video bigger?

My site is SpeedFixIt.com

Comment

How do we "play" with these without changing our website? I clicked install/apply on one and it updated my site (duh). I about had a heart attack as I forgot how to change it back.

Comment

Yep I have tested them all many times over for the last while. They are a bit heavy (around 11K lines total of css is a tad much in my opinion), most are missing elements, and quite quirky. Looking at them on a windows phone is ummmm.... not fun...lol. I am sure they are still specified as beta. There is work to be done for sure.

For the Youtube issue:

Set your object line height and with at a percentage like so:

<object id="realmedia" wmode="transparent" data="videodataline" style="height: 100%; width: 100%;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
                      TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                        How do we "play" with these without changing our website? I clicked install/apply on one and it updated my site (duh). I about had a heart attack as I forgot how to change it back.
                        I maintain a second site using their micro plan, so I can test template changes without going live.

Comment

rburton34

Before I was a designer long ago I use to have the el-cheapo plan (19.99 at the time). I am not sure but you might be able to get the "nano" plan still which is I think 9.99/month. If they have it still I am sure you have to call. And if they do... Tell them 3dcartdesigns referred ya ;)
                          TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Ecommerce Hosting Plans | 3DCart Shopping Cart Software

They still show it. But it links to the 19.99 plan. Should be able to call and get it
                            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I'll say i was certainly more impressed with the free templates than I expected to be. As said before, the html quality was better than the template fields.

There's still a lot of useless markups. Everything is wrapped in divs for pretty much no reason. The same classes and id's that are used on the divs can be applied to the wrapped element that it contains (i'm talking specifically about the 1:1 wrapped elements)

Either way, kudos to 3dcart. We'll see how things turn out in the next few months.

Comment

Working...
                              X