New HTML5 Templates Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HTML5 Templates Not Working

I am having zero success in getting the new templates to work. Whenever I apply the new templates, I get web root errors for several of the content pages. Also other things are just totally out of whack, like items that are supposed to be arranged in three columns will only show in one freakishly long column. Nothing I do seems to fix these things.

I am trying to use the Heritage template, but after several attempts I have had to give up. Anyone else having similar complications?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Am trying 32005, straight out of the box untouched so far.
    Seems to mostly be playing nice. Category product columns reduce and expand from two to one as needed, account, policies, about pages and Checkout one look very good where tested. In FF responsive view it seems you do need to refresh after up sizing from a small screen to reset the page to full view in home sceen but don't think that means anything in the real world.
    Notable problems so far,
    Home page: always has the sample products in long single row.
    Product page: (style 2 pic beside title) Our product pics don't seem to re size and the crawl over the title in the mid res views. in smaller res the title finally moves down but the pic goes past the screen. Style 1 (title on top) seems to work fine.
    Cart page: Int. shipping calc. block goes wacky in some resolutions. Could be my fault as I've definitely made some tweeks there and pretty sure can fix it.
    Last edited by mondo; 02-04-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, we tried the Sales template and couldn't get the homepage to work correctly, so we too, gave up. We use three columns. The first two were fine, but the third showed the description next to the image as opposed to under it. The few things we tried, didn't work, so we gave up.

Also, all of our categories and sub categories were showing in the same un-indented list leading to a lot of confusion, and our brands were showing in a long list and were spaced oddly.

Too many bugs to put that much time into.

Comment

As you all are probably aware, 3dcart's new responsive designs are still in Beta. If you experience any issues, we ask that you create a support ticket so our staff can be made aware of the problem and work on fixing it.
        All support tickets created around the new responsive designs will not be directly answered, but you can rest assured that your input will be recorded and reviewed.
        Thank you kindly for your time, and please feel free to reach out directly should you have any questions.
        Thanks,
        Bryan Shaw
        Community Manager at 3dcart
        [email protected]

Comment

Bryan,

This may be a dumb question...do we need to have the template implemented to submit a ticket, or can we simply submit one based on our temporary experiences?

We'd really like to provide feedback to get them working as we'd really like to implement a responsive template sometime in the future.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DJGearForLess View Post
            Bryan,

This may be a dumb question...do we need to have the template implemented to submit a ticket, or can we simply submit one based on our temporary experiences?

We'd really like to provide feedback to get them working as we'd really like to implement a responsive template sometime in the future.

Thanks!
            Not a dumb question at all. I wondered the same thing. The template is not usable at this point, so while I do have it installed, I cannot have it applied. Can I assume that if tech support wanted to apply the template to take a look they would contact us first to make sure it was okay to test it?
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Of course you can submit tickets based on past experiences. Any feedback you're willing to provide will help us greatly.

When reviewing said tickets, typically what support would do is apply the same template on their own test sites in an effort to try and replicate the issue as closely as possible. They will then work on resolving it. When the templates move out of Beta and into full working mode, we will announce that to everyone via 3dcart's forum and blog.

If you want to play with a new responsive design before making the changes go live, your best bet would be to open another 3dcart account, install a new responsive template, import your existing store's data and customize.

Once the new design has been finalized, you can easily transfer your new data back to the original store.

If you need further clarification, please reach out to Anthony Bonura at 1-800-828-6650 ext. 119. He can also be reached via email at [email protected].

Thanks, and best of luck.
              Bryan Shaw
              Community Manager at 3dcart
              [email protected]
              Last edited by Melissa F; 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X