Graphic Design Software Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Design Software Suggestions?

Does anyone know some free or cheap graphics design software I can download? I would love Photoshop, but I can't afford it and need a more user-friendly one for a graphics novice like me. I currently use Photo Pos Pro, which says it is saving images as high resolution, but they don't look high res on site. It also can't do vector format, which would be helpful. Not doing big projects...Just need to make some simple Free Shipping banners, logos, buttons, etc. Any suggestions?

You could try online services like PicMonkey, Ribbit, or Picnik. I only feel comfortable suggesting photoshop :P

It's $9.99/month right now and its the best tool for the job.
    If I changed your mind heres a link: https://creative.adobe.com/plans/off...shop+lightroom
    Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

GIMP works quite well. It can do a lot of what Photoshop can, and is FREE. Available for Mac and Windows.

Windows
      Mac
      Chris
      TC Life Safety
      TC Wireless

Comment

There are a few out there that are open source and free. Luckily most have some sort of online documentation. I currently use these freebies though I haven't had the time to really get to learn them yet. I even bought a graphics tablet that is still in the box /facepalm

General programs:
        GIMP
        PAINT.net

For Vectors you can use Inkscape! Inkscape can pull apart the layers in a vector graphic for editing. Hooray!

I pretty much run all of my graphics through a compression proggie to save DL time and BW. These aren't free, but they are reasonably priced. You do sacrifice some quality with compression. Depending on what you need them for I can recommend quick-e pics and Adobe photoshop elements 10. If you save as PNG, then try PNG gauntlet.

Hope that helps!

Dana

Comment

Working...
        X