Responsive Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responsive Navigation

Wanted to get some feedback on our soon to be new navigation :)

Welcome to JES Restaurant Equipment - Sample Slogan

We noticed a drop in our category page views after we did our redesign. So this is hopefully going to remedy that.

Also wanted to see what you guys thought of our add-to-cart button functionality.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mtbottens; 02-28-2014, 01:23 PM.
    Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Looks good - did you use the 3DCart responsive templates to start off with?

Comment

Nope, we started work on this before 3dcart released the responsive templates.

We started off with bootstrap and just built on top of it. Now we're working on trimming file size down.

If I were to do it over I would just use Bourbon and Neat and design everything from scratch.

We did that for this site: Now Ya Cookin
      Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

I really like the JES site. Wish we had something like that. To be able to put an image with the category would be a big benefit in our business.

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by DJGearForLess View Post
          I really like the JES site. Wish we had something like that. To be able to put an image with the category would be a big benefit in our business.

Looks good!
          Thanks!

The only downside with the way our nav works, is that we will have to manually update it in HTML. But that is a trade off that is worth doing for us :).
          Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

The Nav looks great.

Love the add to cart functionality. I would just add a "Close" or "X" on the modal window. Some people don't know that you can click anywhere to close it and would think that their only options are to view the cart, or to checkout.

Comment

Thanks elightbox

Got so focused on getting it to work I didnt even consider that :)
              Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

Very nice! : )

Comment

Did you find an efficient way to get around the problem of not being able to have a full local site? Since you are putting [TAGS] inside the template code which translate to something totally different on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                    Did you find an efficient way to get around the problem of not being able to have a full local site? Since you are putting [TAGS] inside the template code which translate to something totally different on the server.
                    If you're talking about the productblockcontainer and product container divs, jcocking posted a nice suggestion here: http://forums.3dcart.com/31043-post10.html

We didn't know about this and just over rode the css those divs had inline using !important. Like this:

PHP Code:
                    .productBlockContainer {clearnone !important;} 
                    jcockings solution is much cleaner though, and we will eventually do the same in our store.
                    Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

No.. I mean that you can't develop a site locally that will have all the content as the remote site. On your template file you will put a proprietary 3DCart tag like [CATEGORY_BREADCRUMBS] which comes from the server at runtime, so unless you are putting all of these things in your local version as temporary placeholders, I don't see a way to get a good local development environment going.

Comment

Ahh I see. I just use dummy data.

This is where we set up the design of our new cart: CodePen - A Pen by mtbottens

Then I just replace the dummy data with the 3dcart variables.
                        To me this is the best way of working with 3dcart templates.
                        Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

Great Work

I really like the Add to Cart functionality... Big buttons, clean and straight forward. Great work!

Comment

Working...
                          X