Offline Payment Method Fields Not Showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Payment Method Fields Not Showing

We have configured offline payment methods for our store, and have identified the following issues:

1. When you configure an offline payment method (Settings > Payment > Offline Methods), there is a field where you can add a custom confirmation message. I cannot tell how to get this message to appear anywhere (on the receipt, on the payment confirmation page, etc.). Does anyone know what field this uses? (the name of the field on the configuration page is payment_confirmation_message, but that doesn't work on the confirmation page)

2. We'd like a way to mark whether an order is paid or unpaid on a customer's receipt. Anyone know how to do that (i.e. a "Balance owing" field or a "Amount Paid" field; either one will do). The [BALANCE] field doesn't appear to work (we don't have gift certificates enabled, which I think is what the BALANCE field applies to)

3. I assume it's not possible to restrict offline payment methods to only certain items/categories?

4. In this post from 2011, user Elegant Weddings posted a link to the 3dCart Template Reference Guide. Is there a similar guide for the e-mail templates or available e-mail fields?

Thanks in advance for any help.

For offline payment description, we used the following:

Use the Description category to say something like "When payment is received, your order will be processed immediately. Mail your check to: (address)

Under the confirmation, we added:
    Thank you for your order. We appreciate your business. Please send payment to: (address)

We have a few more offline payment methods, such as Purchase Orders for tax exempt companies, the military, etc. where we request PO number.

We have an confirmation email that is customized regarding the offline payment. I can look up the template, if you need.
    Last edited by Davef; 03-05-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Here's the extra steps we took to link the payment method to an email. For example the personal check payment option:
      1) Set order status to unpaid (offline payment methods>personal check)
      2) create an email (design>emails>order emails) and label it "unpaid". You may not need to create the Unpaid email. I can't recall if we created one or modified an existing one.

Comment

Dave,
        Your willingness to always offer advice and guidance in this forum is very much appreciated.
        Users like you help make this an invaluable resource.
        Keep it up and thanks again.
        Best,
        Bryan Shaw
        Community Manager at 3dcart
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Shaw View Post
          Dave,
          Your willingness to always offer advice and guidance in this forum is very much appreciated.
          Users like you help make this an invaluable resource.
          Keep it up and thanks again.
          Best,
          Bryan Shaw
          Community Manager at 3dcart
          [email protected]
          Thanks Bryan. I receive more help than give it. So, I'm also glad to give help when I might know the answer.

Comment

Related question re offline payment methods

Okay, I have configured separate e-mail template for unpaid orders and that is working, but I have encountered a new problem:

When configuring the offline payment options, it is possible to add custom fields to capture information*.

These fields appear when checking out, but the captured information doesn't appear anywhere. For example, we'd like the customer's check number to appear on their receipt, but this info doesn't appear on the payment confirmation page or on the receipt. The only place I've found it is on the back end when we look up the order.

Is there any way to add this info to the receipt?

(Note to anyone from 3dCart: the help text that appears when you hover over the "Name" header for these additional fields gives the example of "Credit Card Number", which contradicts the bold red text warning at the top of this page about PCI standards. You should use Check/Money Order number as an example)

Comment

Working...
            X