Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE(9) alignment problems

Hi,

I just redesigned my website to find out that IE(9) does not handle it well. One of the major changes was the addition of curved corners in the design.

The big problem is with the homepage and the product pages, also the alignment seems to go wrong. Where it should be aligned to the left a lot of content is aligned in the center.

Homepage (part of navigation invisible):
    www.homestudio.nl

Product page (part of navigation invisible):
    Audioengine D2 draadloze DAC

Content page (alignment issues):
    Homestudio - Info

In Firefox and Chrome it looks fine with me!

Does anyone have a suggestion where to look for?

Thanks in advance,
    Arend

check your doctype. my ie9 went into quirks by default.. forcing it into standards mode fixed everything

Comment

Originally posted by jleclair View Post
      check your doctype. my ie9 went into quirks by default.. forcing it into standards mode fixed everything
      Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

After some searches I came along the W3 validator which suggested to delete/alter the following lines:

<!-- //3dcart v2.2//frame.html//Rev. #1 10/31/2006-->
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

I replaced it for:
      <!DOCTYPE html>

And it seems to work fine now except for the aligment, still working on that issue.

Comment

Doctype

Since IE9 is going in the direction of updating standards, your doctype needs to be updated as the previous post suggested. In essence you have not done that. Try the html strict or xhtml transitional full doctype code. You can find these on the W3C school/tutorial pages.

Comment

Working...
        X