Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control size of QuickCart window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to control size of QuickCart window?

I know where to edit the contents of the quickcart window (view_cart_quick.html) but where can I control how large that window opens up?

Thanks,

Mike
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

It is a combination of javascript call opening up the window and the styles (css and tables, depending on template).
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Any idea where that javascript might be?

Thanks!

Mike
      www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Looks like the dimensions are in common/js/quick_view.js

I can see the dimensions here:
        var __noconflict=!0}jQuery(document).ready(function(){ window.location.search.indexOf("quickcart")!=-1&&jQuery.modal('<iframe style="padding:0px;margin:0px;border:none;" frameborder="0" src="view_cart_quick.asp" height="496" width="774" SCROLLING=no>',{closeHTML:"",containerCss:{backgro undColor:"#fff",borderColor:"#fff",height:496,padding:0,width:774},overlayClose:!0}),jQuery("<div id='qv_buttons'><\/div>").appendTo("body")}),jQuery(window).load(func tion(){var n=setTimeout("do_qv();",10)}),jQuery(window).resiz e(function(){var n=setTimeout("do_qv();",10)})
        Unfortunately I don't have access to this file. I do have access to view_cart_quick.html though. Does anyone know if there's some code I can put directly in there to resize the window down to a reduced height of my choosing?

I wrote up a ticket, but 3dcart wants $500 to tell me how to change the height.

Thanks!

Mike
        www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

You have to ftp a copy of the JS and then upload it to your own folder. Then go to the frame.html and repoint where its looking for the JS file.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
            You have to ftp a copy of the JS and then upload it to your own folder. Then go to the frame.html and repoint where its looking for the JS file.
            Thanks Ruppy. That's makes perfect sense, but frame.html (as far as I can see) is not currently pointing to a quick_view.js I did a search and cannot find a reference to it.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike
            www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Ok, I think I figured it out. May not be the most efficient way, but it works. In frame.html I just make a new call to:

<script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/MYTEMPLATE/js/quick_view.js"></script>

So luckily, where ever the original is being called, this one is coming up second, so it's reading that.

I was able to make the changes in my local version and it's popping up to the size I want.

So if someone is searching for ways to edit the quickcart (quick cart quick_cart) in the future, you edit the contents in view_cart_quick.html (which should be copied from the common folder to your template folder) and you can edit the size by copying /js/quick_view.js to your template folder, BUT you also have to link to it in your frame.html file

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully this might help someone else in the future.
              www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Working...
              X