Extra Page - Remove Right Product Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Page - Remove Right Product Navigation

I am adding extra pages and I want to remove the right navigation / product bars. I can not find a page edit that allows me to do this. When I create the Extra page (Dealer Locator) where is the HTML or page edit created to edit the frame or layout like on the product pages and other navigation pages?

Thanks.

Ed

You either need another frame template e.g. (frame_2.html) that has the sidebars removed or you need to remove the sidebar via css rule. Are you using a custom template or a 3dcart freebie?
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I am using the a free template. How do I create a second frame? Link to video or step by step?

I looked in the CSS but can't figure out what title controls the extra pages. I would rather not have the right bar show-up on any extra pages I build, since there will be over 50 of them as I build the site complete for both my dealers and standard retail customers.

The only time I want the right product navigation (top sellers etc) to show is on is on the home page. I removed it on all my product pages, but am stuck on when adding extra pages.

Any detailed help is grrrreatly appreciated.

Comment

Sent you a PM
        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Hi max6x6,

We have the following KB article that describes the basics of using an alternate frame file.

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ticle/View/545

I'm sure the PM from 3dcartdesigns has much more useful information, but I wanted to post this for others who may stumble upon this thread at a later time.

Good luck with your edits! :-)

Comment

I am using v40001-html5 the red and black template. I watched the video on setting up the FTP and got the template on my PC to edit, but am not sure where to go to edit the template to get the items bar not to show on the right.

Once edited what will I rename it as the original file is called v40001-html5 would I choose v40002-html5?

Thank for any help.

Comment

Since you are a ways in to building the pages you are kind of stuck in a situation to go into each page and do one of the 2 things below:

We will be using some css to remove the right bar.

<style type="text/css">
              aside#rightBar {display: none;}
              </style>

(here is to remove the left bar and right bar at the same time)

<style type="text/css">
              aside#leftBar, aside#rightBar {display: none;}
              </style>

Now on to the 2 options.

1. Download your current frame.html and should be renamed frame_1.html and in the new frame insert the above css into the head section of the frame_1.html. Upload via ftp and in the site content pages you will select the new frame under "Frame Template" and select "Style 2" save.

2. Take the above css and add it to each of the pages at the absolute top of the "Page Content" area. save.

So those are the 2 options and they are equally easy to use. But for needing to go into each page individually anyway the choice of what to use is yours.

Hope this helps

Shaun

THIS IS SPECIFIC TO 3DCART PROVIDED HTML5 TEMPLATES AND MAY NOT WORK FOR ALL OF THEM. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE CODING FOR EACH ONE.
              Last edited by thecartdesigner; 06-13-2014, 09:52 AM.
              TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Option 2 was the easiest by far and that allows me to control each page directly.

It would be nice to see a page selector when adding extra pages like on other editable pages to remove the left / right or both product navigation bars.

Thank you so much for the help.

Comment

Awesome, Glad I could help!
                  TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thank you for the CSS code, thecartdesigner! That was tremendously helpful!

Comment

Working...
                    X