Site Review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Review?

I switched my 7-year old website to 3dcart late in 2013. My sales took a big hit (down 30%) but things are slowly picking up.

I'd love some input as to the structure, colors, elements, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions to improve the look or performance.

My site is Welcome to Holistic Pet Info - Natural Pet Care Products for Dogs and Cats

I took a quick look at your site and I don't see any major issues with the design or layout. In fact it looks very well done.

When you transitioned, did you take the time to be sure that all of your inbound links were being correctly redirected to the new URLs? This is a time consuming but vital activity that will ensure that potential customers are being directed to relevant content from search results, bookmarks and links from other websites.

We just transitioned to 3dCart about 2 months ago and did not see any drop in either traffic or sales. In fact, it probably went up a bit. But then, we carefully mined inbound link information from Google and Bing webmaster tools, crawled sites listed in the webmaster reports for even more links to our webpages, and extracted out as many referral links from Google Analytics and Woopra that we could find. We then reviewed every link to ensure that we were redirecting them to relevant content on our new site.

After hundreds of hours of effort we ended up with about 13,000 301 redirects, which I believe made all the difference in our successful transition to 3dCart.

Even though you transitioned 6 or 8 months ago, it is not too late to do the same for your site.

Comment

Overall it looks very good. You might consider giving the footer a bit more structure.

The daily deal is getting slightly cut off as well.

Looks like your extra pages are slightly too wide for their content box. (pages linked from help center)

Nicely done
      Last edited by Ruppy; 07-01-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I created nearly 1000 301 redirects before the switch to 3dcart and I regularly check webmaster tools for Crawl Errors.

Did you experience any issues with page load times? The Page Speed Insights on Google Analytics suggests that I fix the following "red flag" issues: Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
        Your page has 12 blocking script resources and 7 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page. Did you notice slow loading pages?

Comment

We get the same error, but it seems to of had little impact on our SEO or sales results.

I spent quite a bit of time fixing these sorts of errors on our last site, but it always seems that no matter what we did, Google was never happy. They always seemed to find something else that they wanted us to optimize to improve page loading speeds.

In the end our efforts never seemed to make much difference to either our traffic or conversion rates, so I don't pay a lot of attention to the PageSpeed Insights report anymore.

Comment

I think its a clean site. Did you customize a pre-existing template or customize it from scratch?

This page has 14 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
            This page has 7 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
            This page has 10 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.
            Jason
            -----------
            http://www.estorecoaching.com

Comment

Working...
            X