Change color of bar below header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change color of bar below header

Hi! I've recently upgraded to a responsive template and am tweaking the last few details. The template is wavotion and I'm just trying to change the grey search bar at the top and the newsletter bar at the bottom of the page, also grey.

Seems like it should be a simple change, but I can't find where this can be changed. On the CSS editor, I thought the field named line - "Controls the Color of the line bellow the top bar" would be the ticket, but it had no impact and does not solve the bar above the footer. Can anyone help, please? Where do those colors "live" so I can change them?

My URL is Welcome to Dead Creek Cycles -

Go to your active css file (settings-->design-->template editor: select highlighted css in top right drop box), the file will either be default.css or default_modified.css and put the rules below at the bottom of the file.

/****************************************
    INSERT CSS BELOW TO CHANGE THE TOP BAR COLOR:
    ****************************************/

nav {background: #yourcolor;}

/****************************************
    INSERT CSS BELOW TO CHANGE THE BOTTOM BAR COLOR:
    ****************************************/

#mailistBox {background: #yourcolor;}

After saving go Settings-->General-->Store Settings go all the way to the bottom and click "clear cache"

That should do it.

Shaun
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Hi Shaun - Thank you SO much!! That worked perfectly! I can't believe that's something we have to add code for, but I very much appreciate your help. :)

~Sharon

Comment

Working...
      X