Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popup on page load with newsletter signup form possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popup on page load with newsletter signup form possible?

Is it possible to have a popup with the built-in newsletter signup form and have it successfully push the new subscriber email to the newsletter system? I pretty much know how code the popup but don't know how to get it to play nicely with the built-in newsletter system.

I can't find any info on this and was wondering if it's even possible to do without having 3dcart program it or sign up for the upsell or something.

Thanks!
    Danielle
    Red Peach Designs

You should just be able to copy the 3dcart newsletter block from the frame to the popup html area. Then put what ever images/notes above the sign up form to make the popup look pretty.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought and I gave that a shot but it didn't work for me. I'll have to try again and see what I come up with after a good night's sleep. It just wasn't adding the email address to the newsletter list in the admin.
      Danielle
      Red Peach Designs

Comment

Can't recall off hand, but you may need to make sure that there is only 1 code block for it. So copying it may not work. Have you tried just removing the block from the frame and placing it in the popup so that there is still only one code block for the mailing list?

I am dog tired, so I hope that makes sense.
        TheCartDesigner.com
        Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
        100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Ok I worked with it some more and just tried using the default mailing list form and it just gives the "403 Forbidden: Access is denied" error when you enter your email and submit - as if you're trying to access the post URL directly: mailing_list.asp?action=add
          Last edited by redpeach; 09-25-2014, 05:39 PM.
          Danielle
          Red Peach Designs

Comment

Working...
          X