I got a dumb question, 3dcart footer link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a dumb question, 3dcart footer link

I got a dumb question, 3dcart footer link.

If you are selling goods on your store, with a few minor exceptions... why would you want your customers to follow a link off your site? or give a competitor or patent troll insight in to your cart provider?

As an example, every template comes with this in the footer
    Copyright 2014 Sample Store. All Rights Reserved. eCommerce Software by 3dcart Online Store Builder.

But if you did allow that link to remain, why wouldn't you sign up for the 3dcart affiliate program and change your link to an affiliate link, one that benefits you?

Link to join 3dcart affiliate program
    Affiliate Program | 3DCart Shopping Cart Software Affiliate Programs

I seen another cart owner, a recent poster, with Adsense and Amazon widgets on the product page and everywhere else.

My .02 your mileage may vary.. 3dcart makes it very easy to remove the link also.
    Last edited by Goggles; 10-02-2014, 07:51 AM.
    www.gogglesandglasses.com

I removed the 3dc link from the bottom of my store because I thought the same thing.

Comment

That's why one of the first things I did was remove the 3Dcart link at the bottom. People can still see what cart you are using and more just by clicking on the "view page source", but that takes a bit more effort than just clicking on an obvious link at the bottom of every page.

I also don't get why people have adsense or any affiliate type banners and links on their website if they are selling products. No matter what you sell it's not easy to get customers, and once you do, you never want to give them a reason to leave your site. They probably won't come back. You can't possibly be making that much $$ from those programs and links.

Same with my blog. I don't blog a lot but any links on my blog all go back to some part of my business (website, facebook page, etc.), never to any other website.

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
      www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Comment

Working...
      X