NEw HTML 5 Themes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEw HTML 5 Themes??

What do you guys think of them, would it benefit us in nay way to transition to these?

Do you plan on keeping your current theme, updating it to new version, or completely redoing your store design?

We just changed to one of the new templates today. So far it is working well. I tried out the templates when they were in beta with no success, but now they seem to be working very well. I am so happy to have a responsive design! It was way overdue.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

id like to switch but im not very good at editing to be able to get my logo in there like it is on my current theme

Maine Balsam Wreaths - Fresh Maine Balsam Wreaths

Comment

I'm fighting with that myself. New products not displaying, Best Sellers not displaying, stuff shifted and moved around and I'm on a major learning curve for me LOL For the most part though, things stayed pretty much the same, store name and logo stayed in the correct spot, it just lost some of it and shifted some of it, but all in all it's ok

Comment

Anyone else having an issue where the catalog list on the left no longer is a tope level list with flyouts for the subcategories?

It is now just one long expanded list.

Comment

Guessing you mean "category" instead of "catalog." It looks like that might be the default behavior for that template. When I had my site designed by 3dcart, they couldn't figure out how to do subcategory drill down with their html5 template system

Comment

Anyone else having an issue where the catalog list on the left no longer is a tope level list with flyouts for the subcategories?

It is now just one long expanded list.
              That is correct. They removed the flyout menu in the html5 version of your template. Unfortunately this was not informed.

You can in the mean time change how your list is displayed by going (settings-->general-->store settings: scroll to "main store settings" under which is "Hide Subcategory" options in which you can choose "Show from selected cat only"

Hope this helps
              TheCartDesigner.com
              Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
              100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by bzeltzer View Post
                Guessing you mean "category" instead of "catalog." It looks like that might be the default behavior for that template. When I had my site designed by 3dcart, they couldn't figure out how to do subcategory drill down with their html5 template system
                If we change over to HTML5, does that overwrite all the custom emails we have to customers and order numbers?
                Last edited by damiencaz; 10-06-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by damiencaz View Post
                  If we change over to HTML5, does that overwrite all the custom emails we have to customers and order numbers?
                  Our order numbers and emails stayed pretty much the same. The layout of the invoices and packing slips changed a bit and needed some adjusting, but all of our customized text and such stayed the same.
                  Laura Z
                  Brass & Silver Traditions
                  www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
                  X