Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner on My Store

Hi,

I have the following online store: Welcome to LS Tractor Parts!.

I am trying to change the top banner (the banner underneath the LS Tractor Parts & Attachments text) and I am also trying to change the thin blue line underneath the shopping cart also in the header.

Does anyone know how to make these changes? I have tried many times and have not been successful.

I would appreciate any help.

Priscilla

I don't see a banner on your home page under the text.

The thin blue line is actually part of the body background image that 3dcart used. The image will be in (assets/templates/[yourtemplate]/css/images/newBG.jpg)

Here is the rule that calls the image in your default_modified.css:

body {
    background: url("images/BG_body.jpg") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #fff;
    color: #666666;
    font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

Hope this helps.

Shaun
    Last edited by thecartdesigner; 11-17-2014, 03:22 AM.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Shaun,

Thank you for replying. I found that section in my CSS folder but when I tried to edit it with my new image it made my homepage wacky.
      I created a thin reddish color line to replace the thin blue line and then uploaded it under my “File Manager” folder. Then went to the section you showed me in the CSS folder and edited it to:

background: url(“../images/banner.jpg”)

Do you have any tips on what I am doing wrong here?

Thank you again for your help,

Priscilla

Comment

The new background image should be just a few pixels wide and the code will repeat it across the width of the screen. Your image appears to be 1233x11 pixels. Trim it down to 3x11 pixels and it should work.
        Rob

Comment

Here is what I am trying to change:

Image1.jpg

I would apprecaite anyone walking me through this, have been trying to change this for awhile.

Rob, are you talking about resizing my pixel sizing for my image in the photo editing software?

Comment

Here is the image that you want to replace
            Make one the same exact size, give it the same name, and replace the old one.

The location is shown in the URL above :assets/templates/v32023/css/images

the name of the image is: BG_body.jpg

hope this helps.

Comment

Are you just trying to change the blue line to a red one?

Originally posted by pstepanian View Post
              Here is what I am trying to change:

[ATTACH]306[/ATTACH]

I would apprecaite anyone walking me through this, have been trying to change this for awhile.

Rob, are you talking about resizing my pixel sizing for my image in the photo editing software?
              Rob

Comment

Sent you a pm in regards to image and instructions
                Last edited by thecartdesigner; 11-17-2014, 03:35 AM.
                TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

thanks so much guys, Shaun is helping me out here. i will upload the finished product!

Comment

Hit the tip jar, he deserves it!

Comment

The red line certainly looks better that what was there before - good job!
                      Rob

Comment

That is too kewl! There was a template I was wanting to use, the one with the tire tracks because I restore muscle car components but when I talked to support they said it would be a MAJOR hassle to change the orange to blues in that template. They just don't have alot of templates for automotive based businesses.

Looks great with the red.

Comment

There was a template I was wanting to use, the one with the tire tracks because I restore muscle car components but when I talked to support they said it would be a MAJOR hassle to change the orange to blues in that template
                          Not sure which one that is. But no color should ever be too hard to change. It would be harder if it was a image where the color had shadowing and effects within other colors, but still shouldn't be anything near a "Major Hassle".

Edit: Your talking about the "Furious Engine" template. Even I unintentionally quote people the wrong amount of time sometimes by mistake or because of a misunderstanding (heck, I even did it this weekend), but for support to say that changing the color from orange is a Major Hassle is just ridiculous and silly. Not too much that can be confused in changing a color. It wouldn't be a hassle at all.
                          Last edited by thecartdesigner; 11-17-2014, 03:32 PM.
                          TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I don't exactly know what it involves because the conversation ended when they said they'd had designers attempt to change the colors in the template and it was intensely laborious, having to find code for all the colors, etc. So I dropped the conversation. I spent alot of time over this past weekend attempting to find another template that might suit my needs better and there just are not alot of "automotive" themed sites and it looks silly to have swirly stuff in hot pinks, the green theme with the tree, etc. so I went back to my standard one I've been using almost since day one here.

I had no coding experience, scared to death to start something and find out I've trashed my website and am unable to "fix" it LOL. I'm guessing I need to learn how to maintain and make changes to my site, but I'm a one gal operation and if I'm sitting here pulling hair out because I don't understand what I'm doing, I'm not prepping parts for plating and reassembling so one puts money on the table and one frustrates me. Which do I choose? MONEY to pay the bills, of course.

Furious engine was correct. It's about the only automotive looking theme I can find and I've been pretty much through all of them.

Comment

I am currently using Furious engine and while I have made a lot of changes to it the colors is something I stayed away from.

I m building a new site and for it I am going with a cleaner template - Furious can be infuriating at times!
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X