Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

functionality limitation when using anything other than default frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• functionality limitation when using anything other than default frame?

Do some things not function if the frame a page is using is not the default frame?

I was working to create an alternate version of my frame so I called it frame_2.html as is normal and worked on it while viewing an extra page with this set as the frame for that page. I found that a modal (similar to the Q&A modal) would not pop up. I tried an experiment where I copied all of the html from my default frame file into frame_2.html and found that while the page was set to use the default frame, the pop up worked perfectly and when I set it to frame_2.html with (completely) identical html, the pop up wouldn't work. I even tried swapping the filenames via ftp and the same frame file would only allow the pop up if it was called frame.html. Is there something I'm not understanding about how 3dcart functions? Anyone have insight?

The pop up uses the functionality from 3dcart's simple modal javascript file and this is all the code on the page:

HTML Code:
             <div class="qaLinkFirst"><a href="#" rel="nofollow" onclick="javascript:showDD();">Daily Deal!</a></div>
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                      function showDD() {

jQuery.modal('<iframe src="dailydeal_widget.asp" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:220px; height:500px;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>', {
                              closeHTML:"",
                              containerCss:{
                                  backgroundColor:"#fff", 
                                  borderColor:"#fff", 
                                  height:500, 
                                  padding:0, 
                                  width:220
                              },
                              overlayClose:true,
                              onShow: function(dialog){ 
                                  dialog.wrap.css('overflow','hidden');
                              }
                          });
                      }
                  </script>
    Last edited by bzeltzer; 11-11-2014, 01:18 AM.

I tested this further and found that it also affects the mobile search pop-up. frames other than frame.html aren't calling the necessary 3dcart javascript files to make the site function. I found this on both of my stores which use html5 themes. Am I alone here?

Comment

Can't help here, but it is interesting. I have subscribed to this thread to see any updates to this if you find out.

Comment

Working...
      X