Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tabs gone in IE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tabs gone in IE

    I was getting ready to launch a site and noticed that none of my tabs are working in IE. Can someone take a peek and see if they can tell me why?

    After seeing this I looked at all my existing sites and realized they are the same way. Im guessing something in the common folder changed and isnt playing well with the stuff in my template files.

    http://ovu.aladdinevents.com/Served-Lunch_p_24.html

    Works fine in any browser other than IE.....

    On a probably related note the addthis script is also not showing the share buttons in IE.

    Im sure this is something simple im overlooking.

  • #2
    IE seems to be pointing out some broken html tags (tags that have closing indicators but no opening tag). Chrome can be somewhat forgiving in this situation but like everything else IE can throw fits here.

    something with your like button is also having cors issues, which when i didn't have dev tools open showed as an error in the page and not just a warning. If thats the case, and your tabs are script generated it would explain, but since my screenshot didnt call it an error, my first instinct to further diagnosing it would be to make sure your template page is in ship shape. Throw it in an editor and find all the little broken tags and bugs and re-upload. If that doesnt fix it, we'll look at what the console shows after the fact.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      It seems its everything jquery based thats not working in IE.

      Magiczoom dosent work
      Addthis share dosent work
      Tabs dont work.

      Seems to only be on product pages though

      Ill take a look at the tags.

      I absolutely hate IE

      Comment


      • #4
        So i just went to check on that jquery thing.. and instead everything is working.. did you make those changes already?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jleclair View Post
          So i just went to check on that jquery thing.. and instead everything is working.. did you make those changes already?
          Ive been playing with it but I never got it working on my end. LOL I wonder what fixed it. Ive been clearing cache each time.

          See if its still working for you.

          Comment


          • #6
            IE9 and IE10 seem fine.. default "edge" not so fine.
            TheCartDesigner.com
            Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
            100% Independent 3dcart Expert


            Follow Us on Twitter

            Comment


            • #7
              Im going to try changing to a different jquery version. Im seeing an error in the jquery min version in the common folder.

              Maybe this will be the final push to move all these sites to responsive....

              Comment


              • #8
                Ive been through the listing files and frame file a dozen times. I found several minor issues but nothing that should cause this type of issue.

                Something is stopping jquery from running.

                Gotta say its the first time ive ever had issues with a new version of IE. Usually im running from the old ones.

                Comment


                • #9
                  After a ton of research, this may be related to the IE 11 user agent.

                  Recently MS forced out the newest version of IE to windows 7 users. IE 11 no longer identifies itself as MSIE and hence any coding that conditionally applies CSS or anything else.

                  Im guessing these sites have been broken in windows 8 for quite a while. I despise windows 8 and have remained with 7. Hence why im just now catching this.

                  I have found no way around this short of completely rebuilding the sites.

                  The easy way would be to make IE 11 appear as an older version so that the design elements would apply until I can update all the sites to HTML5. Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to do this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    HTML Code:
                    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9; IE=8;" />
                    this will force ie to render with ie8 standards for ie8 and ie9 standards for all other user agents.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jleclair View Post
                      HTML Code:
                      <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9; IE=8;" />
                      this will force ie to render with ie8 standards for ie8 and ie9 standards for all other user agents.
                      You my friend are my hero!

                      That fixed it!

                      Now I suppose its time to move into the new world and start updating some stuff to HTML5.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Glad it worked. I would hate to know you had to rebuild your listing page for something like that.

                        On that note, be ready for a whole new set of wtf's when you get into the responsive html5 stuff :)

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X