Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Google forcing switch to reponsive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google forcing switch to reponsive

Google just sent me what I have been dreading from webmaster central. I already knew about this but was hoping I had more time.....

"Google systems have tested 1,830 pages from your site and found that 100% of them have critical mobile usability errors. The errors on these 1,830 pages severely affect how mobile users are able to experience your website. These pages will not be seen as mobile-friendly by Google Search, and will therefore be displayed and ranked appropriately for smartphone users."

I can't use the Mobile commerce function because my category menu is too large and it just pushes everything way down the screen.

Ive been looking at the responsive templates 3dcart offers and only a couple of them have the left side menu I need. When I try and preview them, they are all messed up (I mean really messed up). I will have to not only change colors etc. to feminize the template, but I would like to be able to edit and test it before it goes live because nothing is where it should be in the previews.

I am thinking the only way to do this would be to open a second account, purchase and edit the template there and then move it over to my live site once it is ready. Is something that 3dcart will allow me to do? Is there another way to sandbox a site while you work on it? Im so frustrated right now.

Thank you,
    Dana

You're right about doing a second account to sandbox it. I believe the cheapest plan they offer is $15/month.

Comment

I believe there is a $9.95 Micro plan but you have to talk to sales about it.

Comment

Nano plan I think they call it?

Comment

Thanks all. I've been fiddling with one of the free templates and talked to 3dcart about paying for them to customize the menu on one of the premium templates. I'll have to ask them if there would be any issues with transferring it over to my live store from the sandbox one.

3dcart really needs to come up with a few large catalog templates with a left side menu that is geared towards females.

Wish me luck!
          Dana

Comment

Nano, I tried doing a template change on the live site and it's impossible. As far as I know you just FTP the template over from the nano site and it's in then activate it
            Last edited by mondo; 01-20-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I haven't logged on in such a long time but your post was very timely. Were in a similar position. Time to get responsive, trying to figure our how to keep the site active but tinker with the new one.

In case anyone from 3dcart is reading, I completely agree, femanine with a large category (we deal with weddings).

A 'test site' that we can use to set up our new one.

Demo sites for all the templates not just tiny screenshots.

More templates.

I think the current responsive offerings are very very basic (and boring), difficult to navigate and to much white space, out of alignment, it looks amateur, sorry but its the truth. Were looking at the premium templates, but I can't figure out what makes them premium, again they are basic, why dont the premium themes have flight sub-menses???? I hate having to scroll down a single product at a time, disaster if you have thousands of products. I have another site using a different cart and its great, the template had sliders so you can decide how many products per row for a desktop, iPad, large mobile, small mobile, really user friendly and quick to navigate.

I was holding out in the hope the responsive offering would improve but I fear this is it.

I reckon I'm going to have to set up and pay for a new account, but one big enough to import all my products, tweak fast and then switch as soon as were good to go.

Moo

Comment

Since google is sending that notice out to tons of people, I am sure we are not alone in our need to emergency swap. More folks will end up looking here for help. I'm not a coder but I can figure out some things based on trial and error. I dislike having to open a second account just to work on a template. I agree that the premium responsive templates are on the same level as the basic free ones offered by other carts.

I'm really thankful for this forum and the other helpful members.

Dana

Comment

Moo2013: There is no reason that you would have to have an account big enough to import all of your products. You don't need all of your products to work with a design. Call and get a Nano account @ 9.99/month

I understand both of your concerns and the lack of offerings which will be remedied as time goes on.

In regards to opening another account at about $10/month for building.. It's the best practice as to your issue at hand. Build new on an outside account without causing issues to your live store with live modification. It is pretty handy to have regardless.
                  TheCartDesigner.com
                  Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                  100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I got set up with the Nano plan today. Waiting for them to install the premium template and then I'll get to editing. <crosses fingers>

Dana

Comment

So the premium template was installed this morning and now the nano-site won't load at all. I can't even get into admin. Its full on broken. =(

Comment

1. Did you contact support yet?
                        2. Clear your browser cache
                        3. Verify the correct admin link path
                        4. Did you set your nano store to "close store" without adding your own ip?

Just ideas
                        TheCartDesigner.com
                        Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                        100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I contacted them right away. They "restarted" some things and its showing up now. Been plugging away at it.

Comment

Working...
                          X