Transparent photos anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent photos anyone??

My site, i can't seem to get my images tranparent. I've used gimp, and every other free software and images still white in background. If you see here on my
    site.

Can anyone tell or even show me the steps on how to do this properly?

Thank you.

Please post a link to an image that you think should be transparent. I have no idea where to even start looking on your site. Did you save it as a .PNG format?

Comment

Transparent Images

Ok, here is an example image:

Image is saved as png.

Thank you.

Comment

Found an old thread about this:

http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...g-support.html

Looks like the trouble comes in when you let 3DCart process the file and have it used in the zoom feature. Probably no workaround.

Comment

Hi,

I traced the css for your images and it looks like there is a class called .decoded that gets applied to your images. I am not sure if you are familiar with CSS but the class looks like this:

img.decoded {
          background-color: #FFFFFF;
          color: #222222;
          }

That #FFFFFF gives them the white background. You will need to create a class of your own in the default_modified.css for your site and set the background color to "none" like this:

img.decoded {
          background-color: none;
          }

This will change ALL images with that class so test it out and see if that's what you need.

Comment

Transparent Images CSS

I've looks in all folders, where would i find this image : decoded at?

Comment

Originally posted by Geddon77 View Post
              I've looks in all folders, where would i find this image : decoded at?
              img.decoded is a CSS class that appears to be applied to your images. If you modify your template's CSS file (Settings -> Design --> Themes & Styles --> Edit Look/Colors) and add the code I listed below then it should overwrite the original css. You can click on "Advanced Mode" to see all the CSS code.

Add this code to the bottom of your CSS file:

img.decoded {
              background-color: none;
              }

I believe the original CSS is coming from the Zoom feature code (../global/skin/TopLevelImageDocument.css)

Let me know if it works out.

Comment

Working...
              X