Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of visitors, but little to no sales. Design Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of visitors, but little to no sales. Design Issue?

Hello fellow 3dcarts,

We've had our website up for about two years now. We are coming up in search engines and are getting a good number of visitors each month (about 450 to 500), however we are getting little to no sales. My question and favor to you: Can you visit our site and see if there are any design or usability issues that you believe would discourage a customer from completing an order (we also have alot of abandoned carts)? If so, please provide me with some tips to improve it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
    Fatuma
    Last edited by HFabrics; 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM. Reason: more targeted title
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics
    Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
    http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Contrary to popular belief, design as a whole is usually the last thing that would stop a sale. Although, I am not familiar with your particular market and their nuances. We sell halloween costumes and some horrendous looking sites do great business.. its just.. odd at times.

Just at a glance, there is very little active marketing happening on your site. I get the "here is what we have take it or leave it" feeling from the site as a whole. Perhaps think about enticing them with an offer or two and encourage that movement through the checkout line.

Again, I'm not sure about the market but ask yourself what type of margins you are charging for your site. I understand the items are imported and of high quality, but im still off on the prices of some things for some reason - the fabric especially. (im also a guy.. and don't know fabric from printer paper.. so take my word on that for a grain of salt)

Just my 2c. i dont see any major red flags other than lack of marketing. My site currently suffers from the same which is why i am more aware of it at the moment.

Comment

Marketing

Marketing and conversion are two of the hardest challenges in ecommerce. You need to get traffic, but you need to keep costs in line too. So employing organic search SEO is a good choice. In that arena I'd recommend : (1)custom titles, (2) more text on your descriptions, (3) fewer images and keyword-rich text on your home page. BTW, where's your size chart?

Some of your products are on the price high-end, at least for my budget. If I were looking for something like that, I'd want a more complete description, link to the sizing chart and more views of the item. Remember, visitors cannot touch your products online. You need DETAILS. Necklace: length, materials, weight; Fashions: sizing like on a pattern package back or link to a sizing chart; Fabric: materials used in construction, country of origin, embellishment types and materials. Yes, it's a lot of work "filling in the blanks".

I would recommend studying your Google Analytics data for clues as to where your visitors exit. I'm guessing it's the cart. It usually is. Check this site to see how your business type is doing compared to others.

The abandoned cart issue is one all stores face. Most are checking total cost. Some are competitors. Are you sending follow-up emails for dropped carts?

In your physical store make sure you include your web address on literature when bagging purchases, and have the checkout crew TELL customers they can shop online too. Some may find that more convenient!

Comment

Thank you both for your help! I'll take all of those ideas into consideration. Much appreciated! =)
        Fatuma Hydara
        Hydara Fabrics
        Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
        http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Comment

Working...
        X