White space in product photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White space in product photos

Hello! I just finished our new website, and I would like to change the white space behind the product photos to black. (My understanding is if the image is not square, the top and bottom will automatically fill.)

With our transparent background photos, I'd rather have no frame around the photo at all, but black would accomplish the same thing.

I can't seem to find it in the code anywhere. Is this possible?

Thanks guys!

[ProModz]

Are you talking about your thumb images?
    Last edited by user001; 11-06-2012, 02:46 PM.
    - Peace
    www.ifilters.net

Comment

I would think that there would be CSS in the template that would control that. Couldn't give you specifics without knowing which images you are wanting to do this with.
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

This isn't a complete answer, but there is some info on this thread that sheds some light on using transparent photos (regardless of bg color):

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...os-anyone.html

Comment

well the first problem i see is the photos are jpg.. which tells me they cant possibly be transparent to show the background. the white is in the image at that point.

create some transparent background png images.. then mess with the css till you achieve the look you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by jleclair View Post
            well the first problem i see is the photos are jpg.. which tells me they cant possibly be transparent to show the background. the white is in the image at that point.

create some transparent background png images.. then mess with the css till you achieve the look you desire.
            Ah, it's the .jpgs. The problem is the system automatically rendered the thumbnail when I uploaded the .png. (Create from main image? Yup.) As soon as you hit the button, it creates a file name, but with a .jpeg extension. If I can't change this in the settings somehow, I can probably resize and upload manually. Nice catch jleclair, and thank you all!

Comment

Working...
            X