Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for Suggestions

    I am new to 3dcart and am looking for suggestions.

    Maine Balsam Wreaths - Fresh Maine Balsam Wreaths

    IF those suggestions involve coding, how to implement those suggestions would be helpful lol

    Thanks

  • #2
    Suggestions
    • Remove the "About Us" info from the home page.
    • Correct grammar, punctuation and spelling site-wide. EX:Why choose us?
      Being a small company allows us to work every step of the process from harvesting to production to shipping, allowing us to insure customers are getting top notch quality and service. (ensure) EX: We hope you will let Family Tradition Wreath Company be apart of your holiday season. (a part)
    • Move your video on your home page "above the fold"/up the page where it will be seen without scrolling.
    • Consider setting your display images to a minimum of 400px.
    • I got a "This connection cannot be trusted" warning when trying to view your Contact and My Account pages, so you probably do not have a SSL yet.
    • Add your payment types and shipping choices logos. The footer is a good place, or the left column.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, i have ssl and they said it was all installed.

      Thanks for your suggestions

      How would i get the product images to be 400px?

      And yes, i will be adding payment info most likely to the footer.
      Last edited by Chris04626; 12-13-2012, 12:21 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Put Free Shipping in top graphic, it was buried in the text on the home page. Also, put the Shipping Speed.

        Comment


        • #5
          In our business shipping speed is a hard one to put. We begin taking orders in September but dont begin shipping until mid November.

          Comment


          • #6
            Anymore thoughts or suggestions?

            Comment


            • #7
              Ideas
              • Getting rid of the dark red border was a good move. It not only looks better, but your page load time will be better now.
              • Google does not like the text "free shipping". You need to remove it everywhere it is written. You can get around the text issue by creating a graphic. That graphic message can be made to overlay your top banner and should be in proportion to your other text there - your tag line.
              • Bots read text. People look for visual clues. I still think you need to move your video to the top, or after the first paragraph, where people will see it. Bots will find the text.
              • You are limiting your customer base by only accepting PayPal. Consider a merchant account.
              • You added a page to the footer. It was a bit confusing opening and seeing "About..." Since you have an About Us page. Consider re-naming that heading to something like Maine Wreath Creation.
              • Correct the spelling, grammar and spacing issues site-wide. EX: 7 Loop Bow(Burgundy or Red) --> 7 loop bow: burgundy or red
              • Avoid using (brackets). It looks like you're "whispering". If you have something to "say", just "say" it! When brackets are used, put a space before and after them.
              • You should remove the extra "white space" on the Contact Us page and align all text left.

              Comment


              • #8
                Google does not like the text "free shipping". You need to remove it everywhere it is written.
                Can you cite a source on that? I've never heard that before and tried to find substantiation, but could not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chris04626 View Post
                  I am new to 3dcart and am looking for suggestions.

                  Maine Balsam Wreaths - Fresh Maine Balsam Wreaths

                  IF those suggestions involve coding, how to implement those suggestions would be helpful lol

                  Thanks
                  I think the site looks really good...and hello from Winthrop! Good to see another Mainer on here.

                  [EDIT] If you don't want the "Powered by 3dCart" in the footer, this kb article explains how to get rid of it.
                  https://support.3dcart.com/3dcart/Kn...-stores-footer
                  Last edited by tclifesafety; 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM. Reason: add info about removing footer
                  Chris
                  TC Life Safety
                  TC Wireless

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                    • Getting rid of the dark red border was a good move. It not only looks better, but your page load time will be better now.
                    • Google does not like the text "free shipping". You need to remove it everywhere it is written. You can get around the text issue by creating a graphic. That graphic message can be made to overlay your top banner and should be in proportion to your other text there - your tag line.
                    • Bots read text. People look for visual clues. I still think you need to move your video to the top, or after the first paragraph, where people will see it. Bots will find the text.
                    • You are limiting your customer base by only accepting PayPal. Consider a merchant account.
                    • You added a page to the footer. It was a bit confusing opening and seeing "About..." Since you have an About Us page. Consider re-naming that heading to something like Maine Wreath Creation.
                    • Correct the spelling, grammar and spacing issues site-wide. EX: 7 Loop Bow(Burgundy or Red) --> 7 loop bow: burgundy or red
                    • Avoid using (brackets). It looks like you're "whispering". If you have something to "say", just "say" it! When brackets are used, put a space before and after them.
                    • You should remove the extra "white space" on the Contact Us page and align all text left.

                    I also Use PayPal Pro as my merchant account to accept credit cards on site when we are in season. I cancel my Paypal pro account when we are not in season.
                    Last edited by Chris04626; 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                      I got a "This connection cannot be trusted" warning when trying to view your Contact and My Account pages, so you probably do not have a SSL yet.
                      Use Why No Padlock? to see what's wrong with those pages. I tried your contact us page and whynopadlock found four non-secure images. (Maybe you used absolute references to those images in your template?)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have secured those images , and it loosk fine now

                        Thanks
                        Last edited by Chris04626; 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                          Can you cite a source on that? I've never heard that before and tried to find substantiation, but could not.
                          cbsteven,

                          This was something Google started several years ago. At the time this became known web stores started using the free shipping images, like the truck 3D uses.The premise that was stated at that time was that Google/bots/users should be able to understand the intent of each listing by the way it is set up. At that time Google was penalizing sites that used the message as text, so people started using an image. I don't know if they still penalize, but I err on the safe side.

                          Chris04626,

                          My reference to merchant account meant an account NOT affiliated with PayPal. I realize your business is seasonal, but many people do not like and will not use PayPal.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Most people wouldnt even know it is associated with paypal. They go to check out and see a place to enter in their Credit Card.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X