Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add to Cart Button alterations.

Gentleman,

Im using the theme v40003 (but rather modified) and im trying to change the "add to cart" button colour but dont seem to be able to locate it anywhere.

Any ideas?

Welcome to Tea Pot Tea Gifts - We do right nice tea we do!

Thanks in advance.

Paul

classes

.btn
    .btn-over

find them in your default.css file and change at will.

Comment

Great stuff, thanks.

Does anyone know a list of common css codes that would be useful for people like me that are learning as we go?

Comment

common as in what?

Your best bet is to open the inspector tool in your favorite browser of choice. I use chrome, so right click anywhere on the page.. go to inspect element. Theres a panel that pops up in the bottom. on the far bottom of that panel you'll see a button with a magnifying glass on it. Once you click it and it turns blue just hover over stuff on your page. It will list classes/ids of all of your elements. Clicking on them changes the panel's content to include detailed information. Its very powerful, and it might be what you are looking for.

Comment

Unfortunately a lot of the common css in 3dcart provided templates are very broad in their usage. As jleclair stated it is much easier to use a utility to view the css and html buildup. If you are using firefox, firebug is wonderful to do this as well.

Using these tools will also give you a great look out how everything works and where it works. These also allow you to change css elements and see what the changes look like without making the changes in the css file.

GREAT LEARNING TOOLS!
          TheCartDesigner.com
          Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
          100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

Ive been using the "inspect element" and "view source" features and find them invaluable. Its just sometimes I think Ive tracked something down and when I go to change it in the code it doesn't seem to do anything.

I guess in some areas its a little bit of trial and error.

Thanks.

Paul

Comment

make sure you upload -> dump site cache from admin -> then refresh the page or you may end up making a legitimate change and not see the results. Then you end up chasing your tail for a while.

Comment

If you are making a lot of changes or trying to, just turn the cache setting off in the settings until your done with the changes. Makes it a bit easier than going back and forth in my opinion.

If you have not worked in depth with css, there is a lot of trial and error. Don't get discouraged though. Once you know it, you will be more than glad that you learned it. If you are a visual person there are a ton of great css books available now as well.
                Last edited by thecartdesigner; 01-25-2013, 11:41 AM.
                TheCartDesigner.com
                Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X