Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Launched My New Site - Whatcha Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Launched My New Site - Whatcha Think?

I just launched our site Welcome to Sparkle Girls Boutique - Stylish & Affordable Bridal Jewelry & Accessories

We made the mistake of leaving 3dCart for another eCommerce "solution" and realized it wasn't much of a solution. We decided to come back, regroup and rebrand ourselves.

Any comments are welcome. Tell me what I am doing well and tell me if you see something I can do better/

Thanks!

Looks good. I'm sure there are several small things one could suggest but what sticks out to me the most is your purple add to cart buttons. I think they fall into the design too much, and don't stick out like a call to action should. I would change the color of your CTA buttons.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Dean,
      Thank you so much for your comments. The purple is a part of that template and I happen to love it :( I was actually going to have navigation buttons designed that include that color purple. Would that kinda even things out for you or just make it worse?

Again, thanks for your input. I appreciate it!

Comment

I like the color scheme....its soft and fits the product. One thing that stuck out was your Browse By Price and Our Newsletter headings that aren't in line with the rest of the column. Through Firebug, I noticed they are aligned center instead of left which makes things line up.
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

Very pretty.
          A few things:
          1. You need a phone number and a Contact Us link to a Contact form. on every page. People would not necessarily go to the aboutus page to find your contact info. If you do not like the Standard 3dcart form, go to jotform.com and open a free account.
          2. Line up the Add to Cart buttons. Go into the templates for Category, home and search, find the product section and increase the height for the item name to accommodate the longest name. Then all your Add to Cart buttons will line up.
          3. Terms and conditions needs filling out. The Canned 3dcart page is a good place to start, but it will need editing.
          4. a link on every page with return policies. Very important to people.
          5. I am not a big fan of the listing page you use, as it pushes the add to cart button below the fold and many customers may not even see it. Others may disagree though as I have seen many sites use it.
          6.Since you invested a lot of work into this, I would suggest you get your own dedicated SSL. It is very cheap and adds confidence to your site.
          7.PayPal is offered on your checkout page, but not on the Shopping Cart. For one I think it is a PayPal requirement that it be there not to mention that it helps with conversions.
          Good job and good luck.

Comment

I agree with having the Buy now buttons align up nicely. I too have this issue on my site but I am trying to remove all my 'buy now' buttons but having difficulty. I don't know if it is me...but it seems like the crisper, cleaner websites don't have the 'buy now' buttons except on the actual product listing and not on the other pages. Guess it is just a personal preference.

Comment

Sparkle Girls -- how did you get your credit card images at the bottom of your page? Thanks.

Comment

Southern Belle -
                Settings...
                Design...
                Header and Footer...
                You can then edit the Global Footer field. I went to the WYSIWYG editor, uploaded my credit card graphic and centered it. Make sure you hit the "enabled" button.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                  Very pretty.
                  A few things:
                  1. You need a phone number and a Contact Us link to a Contact form. on every page. People would not necessarily go to the aboutus page to find your contact info. If you do not like the Standard 3dcart form, go to jotform.com and open a free account.
                  Thanks, I will add our phone number and an icon to email us on each page
                  2. Line up the Add to Cart buttons. Go into the templates for Category, home and search, find the product section and increase the height for the item name to accommodate the longest name. Then all your Add to Cart buttons will line up.
                  I am going to have to play with this for while. I think our sale items is throwing it off.
                  3. Terms and conditions needs filling out. The Canned 3dcart page is a good place to start, but it will need editing.
                  Agreed
                  Yes, on the top nav bar "Shipping & Returns"
                  5. I am not a big fan of the listing page you use, as it pushes the add to cart button below the fold and many customers may not even see it. Others may disagree though as I have seen many sites use it.
                  How can I change that?
                  6.Since you invested a lot of work into this, I would suggest you get your own dedicated SSL. It is very cheap and adds confidence to your site.
                  SSL ordered and on it's way
                  7.PayPal is offered on your checkout page, but not on the Shopping Cart. For one I think it is a PayPal requirement that it be there not to mention that it helps with conversions.
                  All fixed now!
                  Good job and good luck.
                  Comments above

Comment

Sparkle Girls -- When I turn on WYSIWYG -- I cannot see anything -- it is totally blank, same with global header. When I turn off WYSIWG, I can see the coding. Is this right or just a technical issue with my site? Thanks for your help. As in my global header, it would be much easier if I could see what I am doing first!
                    Last edited by SouthernBelle; 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM. Reason: Incorrect Information

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBelle View Post
                      Sparkle Girls -- When I turn on WYSIWYG -- I cannot see anything -- it is totally blank, same with global header. When I turn off WYSIWG, I can see the coding. Is this right or just a technical issue with my site? Thanks for your help. As in my global header, it would be much easier if I could see what I am doing first!
                      Yes it does. What is your url? I noticed the footer looks different depending on what template you use.

Comment

sparklegirls, duplicate any product, take it out of all categories, and mark it non-searchable. Now you can play with this item without customers seeing it.

Go to the Advanced settings tab for the product and change the listing template. template Listing_0, is style 1, template Listing_1 is Style 2. So try different styles and see which you like better.

Advanced: You can edit the templates html directly in settings>design>template editor.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegirls View Post
                          A few things:
                          Thanks, I will add our phone number and an icon to email us on each page
                          I am going to have to play with this for while. I think our sale items is throwing it off.
                          Agreed
                          Yes, on the top nav bar "Shipping & Returns"
                          How can I change that?
                          SSL ordered and on it's way
                          All fixed now!
                          Good job and good luck.
                          For the add to cart buttons you need to slightly exceed the size of the largest box.

For your home page & category pages 350 height should work. I know on our category listing we had to add the height attribute. That should keep them lined up with long titles and sale prices.
                          • Your twitter and Pinterest icons are not clickable at the bottom.
                          • Your page widths are dramatically different on some pages. I am a fan of uniformity lol. Thats just a matter of opinion though.
                          • I might be crazy but im not seeing any contact us page?

Overall looking very nice

Comment

Working...
                          X