Relaunch of 3dcartDesigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relaunch of 3dcartDesigns

I will be relaunching 3dcartdesigns.com next week and would like to get some input as to what everyone would like to see for available products.

The most exciting thing that will be offered is a FULL... Yes ABSOLUTELY FULL CSS Frame and Home Template structure (NO TABLES AT ALL) with Full CSS Sidebar and Elements (e.g. Top Sellers, Manufacturer, etc.). It has been fully tested down to IE8 (Might do IE7, but it will be null like IE6 within the next year or so). This has been in the works for a LONG time and it has finally come together.

Other items in the launch will be:
    Full CSS drop menus (still dynamic to single level drop).
    CSS Mega Menu (Non Dynamic, but easy to build within).
    New Tabs Listing (Not full CSS, but that is next on the list).
    Full CSS Daily Deals Widget.(We will have designed widgets within the next month or so).

What else would everyone like to see available, so I can start making a list of upcoming?

Thanks,
    Shaun
    3dcart Designs
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

If I were you I would work on offering matching product and category pages with CSS-based design. Since these are going to be the most trafficked pages they're probably the most important.

Comment

I am about half way on the category in CSS and next is the listing.. Which is a HUGE pain.. table city...lol
      TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I am really looking for a side menu that will break things down. Like if someone picks Skirt, Black, Large all that shows is black SZ large skirts.

Or if they just pick Large it will show all SZ large items in the category they are in. Should also not show out of stock SZ large items by checking the advanced options.

I think you get the idea.

To tell the truth the side nav is 3dcarts only weak point I found so far. Amazon web-stores have better side nav if you can believe that.

Comment

I think you are looking for a type of Layered Navigation, or category filters. 3dcart has this as an add on Ecommerce Category Filters | 3dcart App Store
          TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post
            I think you are looking for a type of Layered Navigation, or category filters. 3dcart has this as an add on Ecommerce Category Filters | 3dcart App Store
            AKA attribute-based navigation. The 3D Cart solution has some limitations, as discussed in this thread on the topic:
            http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...y-filters.html

SearchSpring, Nextopia, and Thanx Media all offer this type of service but it's stupid expensive - likely way more than you pay for your 3D Cart store alone.
            - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              If I were you I would work on offering matching product and category pages with CSS-based design. Since these are going to be the most trafficked pages they're probably the most important.
              Second that, so good to hear you are making progress

Comment

W3C Validation for XHTML

When you are doing CSS for "Category" and especially "Listing" pages they need to pass W3C Validation for XHTML 1.0 Transitional because none of 3dcarts templates or pages that I know of can pass now. I had over 400 errors on my "Home Page" alone of my and your errors (mostly syntax).

IMHO a web designer should have valid code and run everything through the W3C Markup Validation Service , if for nothing else, as a troubleshooter and aide in design. We as Merchants should also use this as a check on each URL pages info that we add. Most browsers are forgiving and make a good guess on what was meant to be displayed but this does not mean it is correct and will dislpay on all browsers the same or at all.

By the way, "Facebook like button" gives 8 errors on our "Listing" pages because of their <meta property ... /> and <fb ... code they give to you and us. Any way to have a work around and have this validate on these pages as well?

I believe that code errors should be avoided for proper functioning, search engine crawling, and good SEO practices where ever possible. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,
                Last edited by Patriot Al; 02-23-2013, 09:54 AM.
                Patriot Al
                www.BackyardWildBirds.com

Comment

Our new frame template specifies 3 errors... These are 3dcart bracketed areas.

For Example:

character "[" is not allowed in the value of attribute "target"

… <a href="infopage.asp?page=[link_id]" target="[link_target]">[link_name]</a>

We have delayed our relaunch to double and triple check all the code that we have done for validation and add some other design elements that we will be using in the future.
                  TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

When will this be available? We're considering redesign our front page/category pages and have sent you a PM. if this template is available soon then we'll take a look at that first.

thanks

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post
                    I will be relaunching 3dcartdesigns.com next week and would like to get some input as to what everyone would like to see for available products.

The most exciting thing that will be offered is a FULL... Yes ABSOLUTELY FULL CSS Frame and Home Template structure (NO TABLES AT ALL) with Full CSS Sidebar and Elements (e.g. Top Sellers, Manufacturer, etc.). It has been fully tested down to IE8 (Might do IE7, but it will be null like IE6 within the next year or so). This has been in the works for a LONG time and it has finally come together.

Other items in the launch will be:
                    Full CSS drop menus (still dynamic to single level drop).
                    CSS Mega Menu (Non Dynamic, but easy to build within).
                    New Tabs Listing (Not full CSS, but that is next on the list).
                    Full CSS Daily Deals Widget.(We will have designed widgets within the next month or so).

What else would everyone like to see available, so I can start making a list of upcoming?

Thanks,
                    Shaun
                    3dcart Designs

Comment

OPEN!! Still adding some more prods today 3dcart Designs
                      Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 03-08-2013, 03:00 PM.
                      TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X