Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add my own page to a site (my own html).....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add my own page to a site (my own html).....

hi all, would appreciate any help on this...
    I have set up my website using a template and I want to add an extra page to my site that has a different theme and style to the other pages (a completely different page with no preset style or template). I have the html and have tried to upload this through the Filezilla Ftp client but have not yet been successful.

I upload the html and all the files to the templates folder, renamed the html frame_2, added an extra page and assigned frame 2 as the template. As you can see for the link below the page only partially loads and is missing most of the content

http://www.dcgsolutions.org/E-book_ep_54-1.html

I need the htlm to be added as an extra page in the site content as I want to limit access to members only.

I have looked through all the help and can’t seem to get a solution so would really appreciate any help on this, I have a very limited knowledge of ftp and html so if its cant be done easily can any one recommend how it can be done affordably?

Thanks
    Last edited by koko; 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM.

It's hard to diagnose this page because, as you say, it is only accessible to members.

Open it up and update this thread and I'll take a look.

Comment

v40001 haunts my dreams

i had trouble uploading code for extra pages via ftp. just copy and paste from your editor into their window on the admin

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
        It's hard to diagnose this page because, as you say, it is only accessible to members.

Open it up and update this thread and I'll take a look.
        sorry thought i did that before i posted, oops.
        I have it open now.

jleclair thanks for the tip, I have tried paste the code directly but no luck:(

Comment

Hi Koko...when I look at the page, I see the blue background, but that is it. There is no content between your <div> tags.
          Joanne Barker
          VS Web Design
          [email protected]

Comment

hi thanks for taking a look, much appreciated.
            I have a very limited knowledge of html but basically the page i am trying to upload is a sample of an e-book i sell, the html was created through a program converter

I can view the page from my own computer through the internet browser with no content between the div tags ...sample below... but not when i upload it to 3-d cart, i have uploaded all the data files and it did work once but decided to stop for some reason

</style>
            </head>
            <body>
            <div id="content"></div>
            <div id="spr0_60449"></div>
            <script>

Comment

If you want the other template pages to show on your new frame then you need to have the tag MIDDLE in your frame template. The MIDDLE tag is where everything goes that would normally go in the middle of the site. Middle is unfortunately not a good term, but it makes since considering that most of the default templates are 3 column with header and footer.

So in your frame_2 template your code would be:

<div id="content">MIDDLE</div>

This is the 3dcart template reference page: 3dCart Template Reference Guide

Comment

thanks for the tip but it didnt seem to work :( I will have a loom through the reference quide, hadnt seen that before.

Comment

Post your template code. So we can see what the error is.

Comment

i have the code below, I belive it references the ebook slides and a player which has been uploaded by the FTP client. thanks for all the help
                    I have left a portion out because of the character limit can attach the full cod in two parts if needed

!DOCTYPE html>
                    <!-- Created with iSpring --><!-- 768 609 --><!--type html --><!--mainFolder ./ -->
                    <html>
                    <head>
                    <meta charset="utf-8"/><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1"/><meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no"/><meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"/><meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black"/><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"/><title>E-book test2</title><link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="data/apple-touch-icon.png"/><link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/ico" href="data/favicon.ico"/><style>body {background-color:#e7f2fd;}#spr0_60449 {display:none;}</style>

<script src="data/player.js"></script>
                    <style>
                    #playerView {
                    position:relative;
                    -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);
                    -webkit-user-select:none;
                    -moz-user-select:none;
                    -webkit-touch-callout:none;
                    -webkit-user-drag:none;
                    }
                    #playerView * {
                    position:absolute;
                    }
                    </style>
                    </head>
                    <body>
                    <div id="content"></div>
                    <div id="spr0_60449"></div>
                    <script>
                    var presInfo = "eNrsvetyJcmRJvYqx2r/DM0AMOMe0bOSLbfJHVuJs1oNObs/hmNjaBSaXSKqUEKh2Oyh0UzvoKfQa+hR9CTy73P3yMwDHFR1db MbyyHHpgtwRGbGxcPvlz++ePXisxd/HKP+/PPS+/nPPs/1PPfPf3E+Sk/nKXz++X8qJdQY059enL24l8G/OP/i9vZ3h/vrd/dRQF+/+KzF5WI5e/HVi89K5k9XMuzq9u76V2/v/iWU2uR/MvL6xWd/fPEG//kd/iO/3t+9vz57cfnis3/iH168fSvD3vFXGZIi3/Tl5c27a4L505/++U9nOvrNu93o/PTot/vR6QPvvt+ODh8Y/fbp0VjmOvjL/UQqB+tOPHzzzX5weXrw77eD+9NzfvfYNE6Pvn5kHqdHf7kbPT4 w+ovd6Pb06N+/343+wCp//3I7Oi9Pj77fzbstj++2DH/xeoPBf5Lf3+L3Sx98M79x548Rzf/44kt75OzFf8Wv9/ZYSGXUVvsin3yPX+siP8v//oSX64xw93796v7GTuLFy8v7y5++u3n18jpc/B84zKsj4BWP+NcOvf/q9Rfh4u2b3744W2f6cs5U5iwf/4OM/tX9+5fXb+4P/+367t2r2zeHX12/vT/EJcTf3P3mDf/zq1//489/8V9+ffivP/v8f/3Z3/3i8Ju7n719e/Pq+uXh7+4u33716uodRv2//8/h55//3eFXtzfv7+U9hP3i5vrq/u72zaurw38EFTk//Pz6tfzt/u4SY+Y3MfZnNzeHf3j126/u3x3+4frd9d3vr19eHP7xzeX7+69u7169k6+9f3d9ePXm6ub9y 1dvfnv44v394c3t/eHm1etX9/LX+9vD1e3bb+RPZ4evXt3x3+uXr+75w831m5f84e37L25kNm+v 7768vXt9+ebq+nB7d7i9/+r67mv5yOHl9eUN3v71q/uvDvdfvXp3uF7XQEoowy/ffHN4e3l3f7j9UsfoW3VN8qus79XV/Y0Murv96tUXmN7F4b+9ur25vL+9eyfvlqV+cY2/vru+eo+/YgN2u6cEVPBAUE2I7BJ4ivJT+NM/n4GKE5H+6Z8NNxVnXuoIpbGKua/409mLX+ng/6b/fKP/fKn/fH2rgxTpjs/28DgWxsewMD6GhTLy7Udg4d37q/v3d5c3h/8kB0Ps+fk3by5fy7b//fXVV5dvXr17TTR59+76tez2NYf4ZH9zt0XFv7u+vbn9rRzIzUF +fH19f/fNdvB+ZcTw93dfXgoq+Ogfb/d/9dX19f2hHv7h9vLl4b/f3v3u3YOdT4/tfHps59PH7PwvX725fnd4eXf59Rsg9eXNzfUNLpNcicMdZnF5f wjL68PfyH9eH97Jpl6//Incw3u5ovIuxea767d3cmmFjOCxdze3b68Pl+8Or+7lQl3dXV+ +u35HHP/Z/aHIu9ZBX9++v3mJyzA/8ZPDl3e3r+fnL0gcfv4eF1ouOGiHIAoumlw+DHgn1/Gl3uDDO8Oia35abuLtl/fXb2R2

..... portion left out due to character limit...............

/tnReg4hjx+TYovMQckgo3S46DzpE9gFx0HnoPEpQB50nb5ETsm dGOq8BiFmSs4rOw1lg/LfOFdzi7OX56dfDnHB3+6nrxbbC7fitR4Te09Pl+1wqP54xO5x l/pfLm4vXz7n//+H1un7t5XmyfW/ODAuTKtMIHnwzV/frreLO/+oudenHy5c5j/Gg6aHiuHt/QaR8T6f3JxcfLw6ycyaOc6Ruv720uXruMTn5y8+L1MUeoHOfMJ FftENfveydobDODm0L1G+vZ+Q2t675TPWmBcVv6d5fvpv0df7w NX2Y8//hdxjU1C";
                    PlayerDemo.start(presInfo, "content", "playerView", onPlayerInit);
                    function onPlayerInit(player)
                    {
                    (player);
                    }
                    </script>
                    </body>
                    </html>

Comment

Here is a blank frame template to start with.

Code:
                      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
                      "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
                      <html>
                      <head>
                      <title>[TITLE]</title>
                      </head>
                      <body>
                      MIDDLE
                      </body>
                      </html>
                      You get this webpage generated. The lorem ipsum is pasted in to the extra page section on the backend.

Code:
                      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
                      "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
                      <html>
                      <head>
                      <title>TEST PAGE</title>
                      </head>
                      <body>
                      <div id="content-extrapages" class="data"> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus sem urna, dapibus ut ultrices nec, posuere sed quam. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Sed vulputate mi in eros sollicitudin adipiscing. Nunc vel quam sed nisl venenatis venenatis. Quisque eleifend augue ante. Ut magna lacus, vulputate nec hendrerit ut, lobortis eu enim. Fusce at mi eget sem pellentesque consectetur non vel tellus. Nunc diam dolor, aliquet sed elementum vel, commodo id lorem. Vivamus condimentum quam in turpis commodo at imperdiet tortor feugiat.

Aenean vitae nibh orci. Nulla eget adipiscing lectus. Donec malesuada, felis et porttitor fermentum, leo est varius lectus, id ultricies elit mi consequat mauris. Sed elit elit, lobortis non tristique vitae, tempus ac lacus. In pretium tincidunt dictum. Quisque at ante erat, ac cursus est. Maecenas ultrices tempor pretium. </div>
                      </body>
                      </html><!--Process Time: 125 MilliSeconds.-->
                      3dcart automatically inserts a content-extrapages div, which you can style. Example styling below:

Code:
                      #content-extrapages{
                      width: 800px;
                      margin: 0 auto;
                      padding: 10px;
                      border: 1px solid black;
                      }

Comment

Thanks so much for taking a look, I really do appreciate it ....still a little lost though. Where do i find the “content-extrapages div” ?
                        Think is may be time for the professionals 

Comment

Working...
                        X