Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearranging the Product Page

Ladies and Gentleman,

As time presents itself I'm slowly working my way round our store design and I'm managing to do most of the things myself after a little bit of trial and error. Nothing too complicated, just basic design changes.

However when it comes to the actual product pages I would like to move things around a little so some things are easier to see and so the description moves up the page so its more visible when you initially enter the page.

A product page as an example... Ti Kuan Yin Iron Goddess of Mercy

Is there an easy way to do this rearrangement or does it mean completely redesigning all the tables that make up the page?

I thought if I just moved the payment options bit and add to cart bit next to the photo then this would move the description bit up the page and make it all look a lot neater.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

I rearranged everything in my product template....

Elderberry Jelly | The Farm Bertuccios
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

Brilliant!

Thats exactly what im looking for. Can you give me some clues of the easiest way to do it? Am i best off altering the code in a html editor and then uploading it again or do you do it direclty on the site?

Im new to this but i have managed to figure most things out that ive needed to so far but im a little unsure of where to start on this one.

Paul

Comment

I use an HTML Editor that accesses my template files directly on the FTP site. Editing it in your browser in the Administrator panel won't have the features that an HTML Editor has. Make sure to keep backup copies of your template files for when you inevitably mess them up.

Comment

Am I editing frame.html or something specific to the product page like product.html??

Thanks Paul

Comment

(settings-->design-->template editor) Click edit next to one of the listings specified below and then copy and paste the code into an html editor.

You will edit listing_0.html, listing_1.html, listing_2.html, or copy the closest of those that works best for you and save it as listing_4.html. Then modify the listing_4.html.

You will want to use an outside editor
            TheCartDesigner.com
            Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
            100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Hi Wella,

I made a new listing_x.html file and with an HTML editor, created the layout I liked and uploaded it with FTP. I don't do much in the Admin panel regarding layout. If you want, PM me your email and I'll send you a copy of my listing page so you can see how it is put together (won't match your template). I made <divs> where I could even though the basic table layout is still intact.
              Joanne Barker
              VS Web Design
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X