Alternate base href?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate base href?

Normally, to design pages offline, I add a quick base href= my URL to pull the images, then delete it later.

Is there a way to pull the inserts and the rest of the content as well?

Thanks,
    Walter

Also, with PHP pages, I used to use a local server emulator thing a bob to serve the pages. If that's the only solution, I'll pass.

Walter

Comment

Originally posted by Instant Video Games View Post
      Is there a way to pull the inserts and the rest of the content as well?
      Can you rephrase that? What inserts? What content? Pull how, and why?
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

I'm having trouble with the confusing phrasing of the question too, but I believe the answer is going to be no anyway.

Due to the templating system with different [variables], it is pretty much worthless doing offline design on this system.

Comment

Not sure what is confusing.

I use relative paths on my images to avoid Internet Explorers "page contains both secure and nonsecure items" warning.

Normally, to design pages locally in an editor, I add a tag in the head of the page, a base href= tag, to properly display, or load (I said pull) the images, then, I delete the tag before updating the page back to the server.

I do this so that I can see what the page will actually look like.

When I built my OScommerce site, the only way to properly display the PHP pages was to install a server program on my PC so that the pages were actually "served".

This is my first experience with ASP pages.

While editing locally, I would like to be able to view these ASP pages locally, as opposed to uploading, clearing the cache, and refreshing the online version. To view it properly would require the ability to populate the dynamic tags (that I called inserts).

Thanks,
          Walter

Comment

I used to use a local server emulator thing a bob to serve the pages.
            You honestly don't see why that phrasing is confusing? :)

The answer is no, there is no way to resolve the dynamic tags offline or locally.

Comment

I assumed anyone answering questions here would know what a "local server emulator thing a bob to serve the pages" was.

:)

Thanks,
              Walter

Comment

Oh, wait, I see the problem.

I said "thing a bob".

I meant "thing a ma bob".

My bad!

Walter

Comment

Working...
                X