Links in Product Listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links in Product Listing

The default product listing has a link called "Buy." This is not intuitive for customers. I would like to change this text to "Add to Cart." Where do I do that?

Secondly, I would like to either make the product name (below the image) a link to the product page, or add a link called "More Info." below the product image. How do I do that?

Thanks!
    Mike

The default product listing has a link called "Buy." This is not intuitive for customers. I would like to change this text to "Add to Cart." Where do I do that?
    You can do this in "Store Language"....settings>design>store language

It is the first one under category.

I'm not sure how to do the second one. :(

DaveW

Comment

Here is what I did to make the product name a link to the product description.

You will need to modify your home.html file. First look in you layoutx folder to see if it is there. If not, you will need to make a copy of home.html from your content folder and save this in your layoutx folder.

Find the line of code as follows:
      <td height="20" class="item" align="center" valign="middle"><a href="add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp;item_id=[catalogid]"><u>[category_buyitlink]</u></a></td>
      Replace is with this code:
      <td colspan="2" class="item" align="center">
      <a title=[name] href="product.asp?itemid=[catalogid]">[name]</a></td>
      This also can be done on the category_0.html page to make the product name a link there, too. Search for ITEM_TEMPLATE_0. The same code replacement done above can be done here.

Comment

Working...
      X