Removing right column from browse by manufacturer pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing right column from browse by manufacturer pages

Is this possible? I would like to remove the right bar from the manufacturer pages but unfortunately 3dcart admin doesnt allow you that sort of customization as far as I can see by the admin tools. I've taken a look around and see that some stores have managed to do this, and I'm curious what must be done?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sure, but you have to be comfortable editing HTML.

The template file that controls the look of the manufacturer pages is search_group.html

Comment

That's fine! thanks for the info - so that would remove it from the manufacturer pages only and not other "extra" pages?

Comment

Correct. Put a copy of the /web/assets/templates/common/search_group.html file into your /web/assets/templates/YourTemplate directory and play around with it. If you get it messed up just put in a fresh copy from the common folder.

Comment

So as an update, I've been looking at this and cannot figure it out for the life of me. My goal is to essentially not allow the top seller & New Releases widgets from showing up ONLY on this page but they are not a part of the template from what I can see. Any advice?

Comment

Can you post a link to your site and point out exactly what widgets you want to remove?

Comment

Just post this code at the top of the search_group.html template

HTML Code:
              <style type="text/css">

#column2 {display: none; }
              #column1 {display: none;}

</style>
              ***Column2 hides right column
              ***Column1 hides left column

Comment

A lot of times the columns are specified with css "right-column" "left-column". Put this CSS inline at the very top of the html page you are trying to modify.

<style>

.right-column {
                display: none;
                }

</style>

Having the CSS inline will allow you to remove it from that page specifically. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                Shaun
                TheCartDesigner.com
                Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks so much I'll give it a shot :)

Comment

Worked like a charm, you rock! Now to figure out my other small things I want to fix lol :)

Comment

Working...
                    X