Add to Cart Category button change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add to Cart Category button change

First - I read: The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit 3dcart - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software.

The problem is I created a ticket - please read on

There are 2 issues - This KB -> How Do I Change The Default Add To Cart Button? - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software is accurate for changing the Add to Cart button for listings - but not for categories. On 3/5/13 I opened ticket #PPD-538-10864 requesting revised instructions because of the inaccuracies in the KB.
    Over the past 2 weeks support has offered 7 guesses on how to change the Add to Cart Category button - none of which have worked -

I have wasted a great deal of time on something that should be pretty simple so I'm asking anyone out there if they have been able to change their the Add to Cart Category button - thank you

Are you wanting to change the design, where the button takes you, or the "Add to Cart" phrase?
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Button

I would like to change the category add to cart button to http://www.windycityparrot.com/asset...t-Simple-2.gif

Thank you

Comment

It really is easiest to do this in CSS.

change the button html to this in your category template:

<input type="button" onClick="window.location='add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp ;item_id=[catalogid]';" name="Add" value="[product_addtocart]" class="btnatc" onMouseOver="this.className='btnatc_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btnatc'">

add this to your CSS file:

.btnatc {
        background: url("http://www.windycityparrot.com/assets/images/New_Trans/Button-Add-to-Cart-Simple-2.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        border-color: #DCDBDC;
        border-style: solid;
        border-width: 1px;
        cursor: pointer;
        height: 38px;
        margin: 1px;
        padding: 2px 6px;
        width: 111px;
        }

.btnatc_over {
        background: url("http://www.windycityparrot.com/assets/images/New_Trans/Button-Add-to-Cart-Simple-2.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        border-color: #DCDBDC;
        border-style: solid;
        border-width: 1px;
        cursor: pointer;
        height: 38px;
        margin: 1px;
        padding: 2px 6px;
        width: 111px;
        }

hope this helps.
        Last edited by thecartdesigner; 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM.
        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Templates

Thank for this information could you please clarify

"change the button html to this in your category template:"

<input type="button" onmouseout="this.className='btnatc'" onmouseover="this.className='btnatc_over'" class="btnatc" onclick="window.location='add_cart.asp?quick=1&ite m_id=613'" value="">

there seems to be multiple occurances of "button html" which "button html" do I replace"

with respect to "add this to your CSS file:" so far I've been told to modify 2 different CSS files which CSS file are you referring to and can I place the code anywhere or does it need to be some place specific

thank you

Comment

if you haven't changed anything, you need to find the one under item_template_0 I think it is
            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

ITEM_TEMPLATE_0

Button should a little above <!--END: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0-->

also I forgot to take out the value. If you have a value it will put the term "add to cart" over your image. Since its part of your image already you don't need it.

<input type="button" onClick="window.location='add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp ;item_id=[catalogid]';" name="Add" value="" class="btnatc" onMouseOver="this.className='btnatc_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btnatc'">

You can just put the css at the bottom of your default_modified.css
              Last edited by thecartdesigner; 03-19-2013, 11:30 AM.
              TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X