Guest Purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest Purchases

Has anyone changed Step 1 of the checkout process to allow Guest purchases? There is a box called "Create New Account" where email and password are collected. I have tested and if you don't require the password field, the customer is not registered. This is not clear to the customer. I'm finding that carts are getting abandoned at this step and am concerned it might have something to do with the "Create New Account" box. I am looking for suggestions on how to improve this page.

Thanks, Mike

Mike,

You can edit the text under the "Shopped with us before?" header on page 1 in >settings>design>store language. It also takes HTML.

I changed mine to:

If you have registered with us before, sign in now to save time during checkout.
    Signing in is optional.

You can check out without signing in by not entering a password.

Valid E-mail required for all orders.
    Hope this helps,

DaveW

Comment

Dave, Thanks for showing me that. I added the following html to the loginmessage2 field.

<h3>Create New Account</h3>
      <p>Fill in your email and password to create an account with us. Creating an account saves you time on future orders!</p>

<h3>Guest Purchases</h3>
      <p>An account is not required to purchase from us! Just enter a valid email address so we can contact you with information about your order.</p>

<h3>Shopped with us before?</h3>
      <p>If you have registered with us before, log in now to save time during checkout. Logging in is optional. You can check out without logging in to your account.</p>
      Mike
      www.tenfoottable.com

Comment

Working...
      X