Do I have a "by" bug???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a "by" bug???

:confused: OK, at first I thought I was just sleep deprived, but everytime I type the word "by" (no quotation marks, just the word) in the WYSIWYG, it will not show up on the actual page!!! I know that sounds really crazy, but it is actually happening on every single page of html that I'm working on. It shows up in the admin section when I look at my page, for instance:

"except by prior arrangement" in my admin page, shows up on the site as:
    "except prior arrangement"

It is driving me crazy!!! Anybody else have a "by" bug???

Tested using both WYSIWYG and no-WYSIWYG and it worked fine for me. Sorry, not much help. Have you opened a support ticket?

Comment

No, I guess I'll have to do that. It is the strangest thing--I started a new page today, and every single time the word "by" is entered, it doesn't show up on the displayed page.

Comment

That is very strange. Post back when you have a minute and let us know how it was resolved.

Comment

OK, so I thought RRW was completely crazy when I originally read this post... until, I caught the "by" bug! :eek:

I recently created a new entry to a content page using the database feed - it's our "Sales and Specials" page (link can be found in the main navigation panel of our site) and while reading though our "Presidents' Day Sale" I noticed a couple of typos. I had inadvertently left the word "by" out a couple of times... NOT!!

When I go to look at the entry through our store manager the word IS THERE - I swear it is!

So WHAT ON EARTH could be causing the awfully weird phenomenon?

....very odd!

~fr*k

Comment

Thank you for validating my "by" bug! :) I too thought I was losing my mind--it is very strange, huh?! Makes you really think when you have to re-word everything to leave out that one little word.

Would love to know if anyone else has had this happen, and how it was solved!

Comment

Is this happening only in feed content or is happening on regular content pages, too?

~fr*k

Comment

Just wondering what support is saying? They are so good about fixing actual bugs.
                C Ekman
                Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
                http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Support promptly fixed this issue for us!

Apparently, it has something to do with feeds and the "created by" field being left blank. Usually, if the "created by" field is filled in with let's say "frik" then the feed displays "by: frik" - I guess when the field was null, there was a conditional test that stripped the character string "by" from the feed vs. the field header "by" only.

I dunno - I'm no programmer geek.

Thank goodness 3dcart tech support is as good as they are!

~fr_k
                  Last edited by www.frik-n-frak.com; 02-20-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Wow--who'da thought??? Thanks so much for posting that--I haven't had time to get back to the design portion, so I hadn't tested it lately. Just glad to know we're not nuts! :)

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
                      Just glad to know we're not nuts! :)
                      I never said that! :p

~fr_k

Comment

Blah, I have this problem too. I don't want anything in the created by field.

Comment

"by" bug

I'm just wondering if there's been a resolution to this issue? :confused:

Comment

Working...
                          X