Manufacturer Search dropdown box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacturer Search dropdown box

I am using Layout 9 for my store. In that layout the manufacturer search shows all of the manufacturers on the left frame. Since I have over 800 - that won't work for me.

Layout 8 has a dropdown box in the frame - this would work for me.

I talked to support and they told me I could modify file frame.html in layout 9 by removing the comments from the FORM line in layout 9.

I did that and removed the comments from the end form </FORM> also.

This gives me a drop-down box but doesn't populate it.

I tried a few more things but couldn't figure it out.

I have programming experience - just not a lot of HTML. I would gladly pay support by the hour to walk me through it - rather than do it for me - since I want to learn the system as I go. That doesn't appear to be an option though.

Has anyone here modified layout 9 to show the drop-down box for manufacturer search? If so could you work me through it?

I would be glad to send you the code I have so far - it is pretty straight-forward and I think I'm just missing something small.

If not - can anyone tell me if I copy the code exactly from layout 8 and replace the code in layout 9 - will that work?

Thank you
    Cekman
    Cobweb Corner
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

In the past when I have run into this problem it is because I left out a form tag or something like that. Make sure you have the following tags opening and closing:
    form
    <!--START: FRAME_MANUFACTURER-->
    <!--START: manufacturer_format-->

Other than that I don't see anything that should keep this from working on the template you are trying to move it to.

Comment

Mueller,

Can you explain something to me. I have extensive database background - but hardly and web design background. So - I know enough to be very dangerous in something like 3dCart.

Anyway I thought

<!--Start: Frame_Manufacturer-->

was a COMMENT? Because my trusty HTML book tells me that a hidden comment starts with <!- and ends with ->

Is the file/field information actually stored in that line?

Thank you - I know you're probably rolling your eyes at this - but if I can get a few basics answered it will really put me on the right track.

Cekman
      Cobweb Corner
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Actually I am not rolling my eyes, I am not sure but from what I know about 3DC those "tags" that you will see with the Start and End in the seem to work with their platform to tell the system that a function is being invoked. I have had problems in the pas when these were not intact.

This is not to say your book is wrong, but rather the comments are being used for a custom application and are stripped at the time the page is built and served so they don't make it down to the browser to render or ignore.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X