X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bzeltzer
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFabllc View Post
    Which plans are you guys using with cloudflare? I have not really looked into this, but it seems it may be helpful.
    I was using the $20 plan but I had a drop in traffic and sales after switching so I switched back. I have no idea what happened. it could have had nothing to do with cloudflare. I'm still investigating.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFabllc
    replied
    Which plans are you guys using with cloudflare? I have not really looked into this, but it seems it may be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• TMS Clint
    replied
    This discussion took a detour; but concerning image loads and responsive design, here's an article you'll want to read:
    http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2013...mage-solution/

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied
    Toolbusy - not sure of what you are referring to with the mixed protocol errors. I did not have any of those problems. There are a few other posts in the forums - just do a search for CloudFlare. You can always send me a message and I will respond as best I can. Sorry I did not respond sooner - I thought I had the forums set to email me when there was new activity....

Leave a comment:

• bzeltzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
    Today I'm dealing with mixed protocols and security error messages with my SSL so I have a boatload of info to read and it appears some coding to do, which is NOT my strong suit. I've just been kind of reading around their sight and have alot of links on mixed protocols and SSL handshakes so I'm probably not the best person right now to help anyone out. I was hoping Awesome would come back into the thread so we could pick brains. Support with cloudflare has been very fast and provided me with information overload. I currently have cloudfare paused while I try to finish working out the bugs....

Thanks for posting back. I'm going to make a new forum thread called 'How to set up Cloudflare for your 3dcart site." If you feel like posting in there, I'll edit the original post afterwards so that it's a useful How-to for others. Please check it out. Maybe we'll get some advice from others. If you have any coding questions that you're confused about, PM me and I'll try to help. I'm not amazing but after being a 3dcart customer since 2009, I've had to learn to swim.

Leave a comment:

• Toobusy
    replied
    Today I'm dealing with mixed protocols and security error messages with my SSL so I have a boatload of info to read and it appears some coding to do, which is NOT my strong suit. I've just been kind of reading around their sight and have alot of links on mixed protocols and SSL handshakes so I'm probably not the best person right now to help anyone out. I was hoping Awesome would come back into the thread so we could pick brains. Support with cloudflare has been very fast and provided me with information overload. I currently have cloudfare paused while I try to finish working out the bugs....

Leave a comment:

• bzeltzer
    replied
    Thanks for the info. So, from what I read, you need a pro plan to have ssl encryption that covers the hop to and from 3dcart's server and need to keep your SSL on 3dcart too. Do I need to do anything on the 3dcart side? Or do I just point godaddy to cloudflare's name servers and then cloudflare to 3dcart's name servers?

Also, the faster site is supposed to be the big deal with cloudflare so it makes sense that you're seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• Toobusy
    replied
    I had to go to godaddy and change my name server, set my security on the cloudflare website, read some of their links which were informative on search engines, etc. and it did the rest. A breeze and to my surprise there's a shared SSL there (even though I have one through 3dc) and when I tested it later, sure enough....the browser shows secure on all https pages. Honestly I was a little intimidated and wasn't sure what I'd have to do, but it was so dang easy now I'm kicking myself for all the months I've paid for bandwidth overages and I've never had any overages until I went html5 responsive template. Kind of curious, oh and my site seems faster also, another added perk maybe?

Leave a comment:

• bzeltzer
    replied
    I was considering cloudflare as well a few months back. I was a little confused about what to do about the SSL. Right now I'm using a norton SSL through 3dcart. Also, I was confused about what, if anything, I'd have to do on the 3dcart side. I would absolutely love if you could share your knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Toobusy
    replied
    Just signed up and spoke with them in live chat. Hopefully this will help with my bandwidth overages. Thanks for the suggestion and the nudge

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied
    have you considered using CloudFlare to reduce your bandwidth issues?

Leave a comment:

• Toobusy
    replied
    I'll have to check that because I have noticed that since I implemented the html5 version of my website I have been over my bandwidth limit every single month and never had that issue prior. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• html5 listing page loads all full size images on page load

I was thinking about all the money I'm paying for bandwidth overages and noticed that when I loaded a listing page on my htm5 site, all of the product images are immediately loaded by the web browser both in full size as well as the thumbnail versions below. I've noticed that on most websites (when viewing them in firebug), the full resolution versions of the alternate images don't typically download to the browser until you click on the thumbnails. I'm curious if this is the case on everyone's html5 sites or if maybe my site has some code that's already been improved upon. I'd appreciate any information you could offer.

Also, just to be clear, I'm looking (using firebug) at what images are downloading to the browser, not just what's popping up on the page.
    Last edited by bzeltzer; 03-01-2015, 08:46 PM.
Working...
X