Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which template gives three main categories on the home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which template gives three main categories on the home page?

For example, like this page:
    [ has changed ]

None of the templates I've looked at seem to do it.
    Last edited by 3DCuser; 06-23-2016, 11:55 PM.

Actually any of them can. Just add the 3 categories you want as code or images in the settings-->design-->titles&content: Home Page (header)
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Might you have an example? Currently it only has this:

<br>

Comment

Is there not a simple default template, which if you choose it, will automatically have the 3 categories on the home page (without having to use code) ?

Comment

I have gone through over 75% of all the templates and I don;t recall seeing one that is already configured as you require. Please keep in mind that even a hosted cart such as 3DC requires some coding or at least some tinkering with code if you want anything to be customized.

Comment

I think you can accomplish what you're trying to accomplish by going to settings-->design-->titles&content, as Shaun suggested and just add your titles you want. Is that what you're talking about? I'm about as code challenged as they come and I was able to add mine with little difficulty.

Comment

You were able to create 3 main home page categories?

Comment

Can someone help with this? I can't be the only user on earth who wants main categories on the home page instead of every single product being visible. So far it is complete mystery why there is not a single template that has home page categories.

Comment

Perhaps I'm not understanding what it is you ware wanting to do -- but it is my understanding that any of themes will display the main categories you have set -- if you have three, it will show three. But here is an example of one free template that shows three categories:

http://themes.3dcart.com/avert-watches-html5_p_183.html
                  Joe Arbogast
                  http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

No, that template shows a big banner at the top, and 6 categories below it.

The original site I posted has changed, but it should not be hard to imagine 3... just 3 pics on the home page. Each one a category.

Comment

Actually that template shows three categories: Men's Women's and Sport -- the Featured Items section is for products and not categories. Sounds like you are wanting something completely different -- not sure you can use that feature for categories
                      Joe Arbogast
                      http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

You could just custom code the website with clickable images and label them categories. I put clickable buttons on my homepage but you could do just 3. See if this is something you might like. http://www.vitavibe.com

Comment

If you want to remove the banner, deactivate the carousel module. Then, in Content > Titles & Content > Home Page, go to the "header" section and create a one row, three column table with no borders (I'd probably also add about 10 pixels of padding to each cell). Add a picture and a category name below the picture in each cell. Apply a link to both the picture and the category name that leads to the category URL. Done!

Keep in mind that it will not show up this way on a smart phone. Smart phones do not recognize tables and list each cell of a table one after the other, vertically.

Comment

You should try avoiding using tables in 3dcart html5. They are not coded to render properly system side under 767px. Divs are much cleaner, lighter, and much easier to use for responsive elements. 3DCuser actually has the proper layout already, he just hasn't checked his PM in a while.
                            TheCartDesigner.com
                            Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                            100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Those 6 on home page are not categories. they are products. You can set them up to 3 in settings > general > store settings > product display and select "product column / home page" to 3. then also set "number of products" to 3 on same page also on same page you can set "items per page" to 3. 3DCuser
                              tangopixel.com
                              Website Design and Development

Comment

Working...
                              X