Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listing_0.html Question

Hello,

I want to create a product page that is essentially the same as listing_0.html with just a few minor changes. Can I save listing_0.html to listing_1.html and then make the changes to listing_1, then point to it in the admin panel?

I noticed that listing_0 appears both in the common directory and the default directory. Do I need to upload the modified file to both directories?

Thanks!
    David

Originally posted by EXRN View Post
    Can I save listing_0.html to listing_1.html and then make the changes to listing_1, then point to it in the admin panel?
    Yes, you can create additional listing templates (listing_1.html listing_2.html listing_3.html etc) you can use listing_0.html as a base, or do something completely different

Originally posted by EXRN View Post
    I noticed that listing_0 appears both in the common directory and the default directory. Do I need to upload the modified file to both directories?
    no. do not overwrite any files in the common directory. copy them to the template folder your site is using only.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

The template folder doesn't appear to contain those files. My listing_0 file is in a folder called "default" and in a folder called "common".

Comment

My understanding is that anything you save in your default template directory will override the file with the same filename in the common folder.

Once you save and upload your listing_1.html - from the Admin Panel you will:
        1. go to Products>>Categories>>
        2. select "Options" for the category you wish to apply the template to
        3. Under category settings you will select the style number 2, I believe for listing_1.html

Unless 3dcart changed this, the style number in the category settings is one above the number following the listing html file. So...for listing_0.html you would choose "style 1"; for listing_1.html you would choose "style 2" and so on.

As another note, although you select the listing template for a particular category, you can go under the "Advanced" tab for a product and change the listing template if you need it to be different than the category template.

Comment

Working...
        X