Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Sort Resets When Viewing Pages Subsequent To Page One

Howdy everyone!

I just noticed on my site that if I sort my category pages by anything other than default and then view the next page, or any page number after 1, the sort reverts to default. I tested several other 3dcart stores and they are all doing the same thing except one store that is not using custom file names.

Just wondering if anyone is using custom file names without experiencing this. If so, I would be super grateful if I could take a peek at your category template. I even reverted my category template back to the original 3dcart template and still experienced this issue.

That is true. I never noticed, I just assumed it worked as expected. Unfortunately, not much we can do about it. 3dcart has to fix.

Comment

Report it to support so they can add it to the bug fixes.

Comment

Report it to support so they can add it to the bug fixes.
        Already done. I was just hoping someone had a working category I could look at in the meantime.

Comment

ProRetail

That is funny - I was just logging in to see if anything was on the Forum about this. I remember looking at years ago and was just re-organising some categories on my website and noticed the sorting was oldest to newest. I would prefer to set newest to oldest. I use custom file names as well.

I will log as well.

Sue
          www.fabricgarden.com.au
          Sue
          Fabric Garden
          fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

fabricgarden I think we may be experiencing different issues. Are you experiencing this after setting your default sort at the category level? Our default sort is working fine, it's just when someone changes the sort on the website and then moves to different pages within the category.

Comment

ProRetail - I have never got my site to work using the default sort category of newest at site or category level. I gave up. It is irritating as old stock shows up first.
              Sue
              Fabric Garden
              fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

fabricgarden, are you duplicating older products when you add new products? If so, you will need to go to the Advanced tab and change the Date Available to the date the new product was actually added.

Comment

ProRetail - I am - that makes complete sense. I might just import and export to update.
                  Sue
                  Fabric Garden
                  fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Working...
                  X