Site review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site review

Though received no responses on the template in work when on our development site with the 3d stock products on it thought I'd try again with it finished and live. I've finished the transfer and set our store settings to what I thought best for the responsive template. Appreciate any input, Took a month to shred the style sheets and make the template changes I wanted. Only take a minute to say yea or nay. I'm not using the slider right now, It wont play nice with Windows phone.
    Thanks,
    Last edited by mondo; 07-17-2015, 05:29 PM.

Looks good, but a bit on the plain side. However, with the products listed on your home page, most of the ones I tried to add to car using the "add to cart" button, they are not actually added to my cart. Instead I am taken to the product listing where I must then add to my cart. This is normal for product that have options to choose, but none of the product I had a problem with have any options to choose. You might want to look into why this is happening.

Comment

Thank you toolsavvy, I think that's in store settings, last template I had the button say details so I'll fix the setting or change button back. Our customers tend to be older so went for plain but the slider made a big difference if I can get it working with Windows phone.

Comment

Site works well -- your category structure on your menu is confusing to me however -- since you only have one main category -- looks like three categories, but really two are subs -- maybe a personal preference.

Reference to the note on the "plain" nature -- I get your audience but a couple of simple things that would really make your site nice would be some sort of linen type background -- some sort of off-white grainy texture and then if you can have wood-grain buttons -- that would be really cool for your site. And then have your logo done in 3-day wood grain
        Joe Arbogast
        http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

On some items the Details button actually adds to cart! This needs fixing.
          Remove the 3dcart from the footer:
          Code:
          "
          Copyright
          2015 Stitchers Stuff. All Rights Reserved. eCommerce Software by
          3dcart
          ."
          You can find this in Store Language.
          Try the Checkout One Page V2. It is nice and quicker for customers.

Activate Google Analytics in Marketing. I don't see any tags on your site.

Comment

Thanks Birdsafe. On the Cats I've been thinking the same and agree on the category structure going down to just 2 mains so guess my Sunday is booked now. At one time we had other Cats so the sub structure was appropriate but now just causes an extra click. Funny on the back ground, our older (several years ago) background WAS an off white grainy linen fabric image (Cross stitch fabric). During a re mod back then had people say we should go to white. In the end dropped the Bg image for faster loading and went to off white. Load time probably not so large now but for mobile I at least prefer plain old close to white or solid black BG. I do like the wood grain idea, when switching here to responsive I tried to stay very close to the previous design. That said, I'm starting on design/moving our other much larger site (also needlework) and it's got a light yellowish BG and peach nav. I can see the wood grain idea going very well there and staying with the overall theme.

Comment

Thanks elightbox,
              Your Right! and it seems random. some with options and some without are added to cart. The cat template is default, gotta find this (maybe product setting?). Don't know how the powered by got back in. Last I read I thought V2 had problems, will check it out. Thank on the analytics, the old template had it manually added in the frame or footer I think

Comment

Elightbox, Your a hero for finding the Details/Add to Cart issue. When going to the responsive we had to change the product display settings and changed inventory control settings on some that allowed an add to cart action instead of going to the product page like I want. Removed the 'software by' but frankly now I seem to remember this is the third or fourth time it's mysteriously reappeared.

Comment

Working...
                X