Sitemap missing / URLs Submitted gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap missing / URLs Submitted gone

since about 2 days ago, esp last night, our sitemap is nearly gone out of google - and we didn't do anything. can anybody else confirm that yours is/isn't affected at all by anything regarding the update or server patch that was done on the 17th? What was over 15,000 links is only 125 URL's submitted. The last sitemap was submitted back in Feb when we did a big site upgrade and everything was perfect until 2 days ago. This is using Google Webmaster Tools. The last processed date on the sitemap was July 17th and nothing was submitted by us.

Thanks
    David

Have you looked at your bing webmaster tools and see what it says there? I'll take a look at mine as well.

Comment

i just use google, not bing. thanks.

Comment

I looked at my google webmaster tools. Im missing about 1/2 of them being indexed out of 3k products. I manually submit the sitemap to make sure its updated. I'll re-submit it again and see what it says how many links submitted.

Comment

thanks for checking...it will go to about half and then it will go to about 125 (I don't know enough about the sitemap but it appears to be just showing categories/subcategories - and not products)...is that sitemap supposed to also show products too?
          let me know how the manual submit goes...anybody else seeing this too?

Comment

Thats not good. The sitemap tells google/bing to crawl your site and index it. As it crawls your site. It will read your SEO, to give you ranking (on your keywords) to get you sales. So Yea...its that important and urgent that this works for everyone.

Comment

rechecking the sitemap it doesn't show products...so it must be the categories that google/bing are supposed to look into for the products and index...anybody else seeing this too? let me know how the resubmit works or if it stays the same.

Comment

how many of the urls got wiped on your resubmit?

Comment

re-check the google sitemap. it looks like it was all re-submitted correctly, but still waiting. 3,039 urls submitted, 1,723 indexed.

Comment

Working...
                  X