How to Change Display of Volume Discount Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Change Display of Volume Discount Table

I would like the volume discounts to show all the time. Make it real easy for customers to see. Right now it is a click on down arrow. I changed the wording to CLICK ARROW TO SEE VOLUME DISCOUNTS! Unfortunately, I do not think anyone will look. Anyone know what needs to be edited? Here is link to a product page so you can see: http://www.wagarassoc.com/Double-CD-...rton_p_12.html

You have the following in the base css file.
    .quantity-table {display: none;margin: 5px 0 0;}

Change the display to display:block in your modified css file and it should show all the time.

Comment

Can you tell me what section (style name) in style sheet editor I can find this to change?

Comment

you may just need to add it to the default.css file

.quantity-table{display:block;}

Comment

I had Shaun thecartdesigner do this for me (amongst a variety of other tweaks). Not sure why it was designed to have to click a drop down menu to see volume price tiers, but he fixed that up for us quickly. FYI, I'm not great with coding, nor do I have a lot of time to try to figure stuff out on my own, and I must say that Shaun is great with all things design related!

-James

Comment

Hi JR123 .. thank you for posting that. Can you provide a link to your store so I can take a peek at this? I am working with Shaun on my site right now, and it would be a quick / easy thing to add for him. Thanks! Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew massagestore ! I just sent you a PM with a link. My apologies, I gave you some information about thecartdesigner in that PM because I didn't read the part of your above post where you said you were already working with him. Guess you don't need his website and the other info I have you :)

-James

Comment

I can attest to Shaun's incredible skills, knowledge and integrity. He had my template up and running in a weekend! I highly recommend him.

Comment

I have the same issue and need the Quantity Block to display automatically on the product pages instead of requiring the user to click. I located the sections below on the listing_0.html template page, but need to know what changes to make to have the block displayed without a click. Any help would be much appreciated!

<!--START: quantity-->
                  <div class="quantityBlock">
                  <a href="javascript:void(0);" id="showQtyTable"><i class="icon-down-open"></i> [product_Header-quantitypricing]</a>
                  <div class="clear"></div>
                  <div class="quantity-table">
                  <div class="title-header">[product_quantitypricing-quantity]</div>
                  <div class="title-header">[product_quantitypricing-price]</div>
                  <ul>
                  <!--START: quantity_items-->
                  <li>[lowbound][highbound]</li>
                  <li>[PRICE]</li>
                  <!--END: quantity_items-->
                  </ul>
                  </div>
                  </div>
                  <!--END: quantity-->

//Show/Hide 'Quantity Pricing' Table
                  jQuery('#showQtyTable').on('click', function() {
                  jQuery('.quantity-table').slideToggle();
                  });
                  </script>
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                  //messagebar.js initialized
                  var reqOptionBar = new MessageBar();
                  reqOptionBar.initialize();

Comment

With that information, I don't see why it would not be showing. Can you post or PM me a link to the page you're having problems with?

Comment

The code I copied and pasted is the default from the responsive template and only shows the Quantity Pricing Block when the down arrow is clicked (as seen on example product page). I would like to know how to edit the html so the pricing block is shown automatically on the product pages without needing to click to show.

Comment

Your initial css of the .quantity-table has {display:none;}. You need to change none to block in the quantity-table div. Then it will show on load of the page.

The 'Quantity Pricing' text is still a link and will toggle the visibility of the quantity-table div. To remove this function, change the <a> tag from around the text to a <p> tag and remove the href attribute.

Comment

Problem solved! Thank you AmagArtwork for the tip. I found out I needed to add style="display: block" to get the change to work.

For others who need to make the change (hopefully this applies to all the HTML5 templates):

Go to the Template Editor and click EDIT next to the listing_0.html file.
                          Do a CTRL-F search to find <div class="quantity-table"> and replace with <div class="quantity-table" style="display: block;">

If you want to remove the javascript link so the quantity block doesn't toggle, FIND
                          <a href="javascript:void(0);" id="showQtyTable"><i class="icon-down-open"></i> [product_Header-quantitypricing]</a>
                          and REPLACE with
                          <p><i class="icon-down-open"></i> [product_Header-quantitypricing]</p>

Comment

Is this tweak template specific? I'm using v32017-html5 and I don't see a listing_0.html file in template editor. All I see is frame.html and I do not find the word "quantity" when I search it or the default css file.

I need the quantity pricing block to stay open, like weisenbach. How do I accomplish this in the template I've chosen?

Larry Ray
                            www.pagebeesupply.com

Originally posted by weisenbach View Post
                            Problem solved! Thank you AmagArtwork for the tip. I found out I needed to add style="display: block" to get the change to work.

For others who need to make the change (hopefully this applies to all the HTML5 templates):

Go to the Template Editor and click EDIT next to the listing_0.html file.
                            Do a CTRL-F search to find <div class="quantity-table"> and replace with <div class="quantity-table" style="display: block;">

If you want to remove the javascript link so the quantity block doesn't toggle, FIND
                            and REPLACE with
                            <p><i class="icon-down-open"></i> [product_Header-quantitypricing]</p>

Comment

You may have to open a copy to edit from the common folder to get listing_0.html in your template's folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X